Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jul 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
There still a chance you fly I be leave it from 4 weeks that BA will cancel fly I do not know if you could fly from Canada to the USA as I now you can fly to Canada then on to the us might be a sneaky way around giving you the money back . I could of course be Wong have been in the past
I thought we couldn’t fly to Canada, aren’t the borders shut?
Old 2 Jul 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell7 View Post
Hi I contacted BA last week as we are due to go in October and I was informed they notify you of cancellation 5/6 weeks before!
I hope its sooner than that as thats only a week before my Disney balance is due!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I called Disney on Monday and the guy I chatted too said that he couldn't see a note on my file to say that my balance due date had been extended! He said the balance extension was only for people due to travel in July & August so I would contact Disney ASAP if I were you and see if its the same case!

He told me 'this one time' they would honour it for me but I should've never been offered the balance extension I should still receive an email in a weeks time reminding me my balance is due but I can ignore it.
When I rang up to accept the changes, and had a few queries re reducing duration onsite etc, the CM states then that my balance would be three weeks before so yet again it seems conflicting advice is being given.
I’m working from home today so will try and ring them on my lunch break to confirm. Will keep you posted!
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
I've just seen on a fb Orlando group I'm in that someone whose flying LGW-MCO on August 30th thru September 13th has had their flight cancelled, this is 8 1/2 weeks before departure so maybe they're doing them sooner than the 5/6 week rule

meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

We are down to fly on 19th September LGW to MCO.

But have decided we don't want to go, so if it's not cancelled we'll lose £1,600.00.

It's a lot of money but it would cost us another £4,000 for a holiday we really don't want.

So fingers crossed for the BA cancellation email & sooner rather than later.
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
arhclo
slightly serious Dibber

I'm booked to fly with BA on September 17th and am quickly coming around to the sad fact I won't be going this year (we have instead put a deposit down to go to DCA in February and to Disney World in July 2021 instead). I know that BA have cancelled their August 2020 flights - well at least via the app you can no longer book LGW-MCO in August which to me says they're cancelled!

On an FB group they stated BA had gotten around to cancelling up to September 8th but now sure how true that is. If our holiday isn't going ahead then myself and my boyfriend want to put that money towards moving out together (this lockdown has shown me I can't live with my parents anymore ) but aren't sure when our flights will get cancelled in order to start looking at places and put deposits down!

Does anyone have a rough estimate when this could be? I've never dealt with a cancelled flight before so this is all new to me!
We are flying August 17th and got email today saying terminal for departure changed, no sign of cancellation so take FB comments with pinch of salt
Old 2 Jul 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by arhclo View Post
We are flying August 17th and got email today saying terminal for departure changed, no sign of cancellation so take FB comments with pinch of salt
There are no direct flights available to buy for August 17th from London, to me that would say they were cancelled but I could be wrong

Old 2 Jul 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

We are going in october I'm hoping it gets cancelled sooner rather than later. We don't want to go now not with the way it is going I was also told 5/6 weeks cancelled but they will offer vouchers before flights get cancelled so hopefully once they extend there flexible chnage policy it will mean that we get more of a choice
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

I called Disney on Monday and the guy I chatted too said that he couldn't see a note on my file to say that my balance due date had been extended! He said the balance extension was only for people due to travel in July & August so I would contact Disney ASAP if I were you and see if its the same case!

He told me 'this one time' they would honour it for me but I should've never been offered the balance extension I should still receive an email in a weeks time reminding me my balance is due but I can ignore it.
Mine was supposed to be paid at the end of May, we have done the whole package with Disney, when we agreed to the email of 12th June, we had to pay the flights up front, but they said we could have until 35 days beforehand to pay the balance and we have notes put on our file to this effect, think we should know what's happening by 3rd August. My updated invoice still says 29th May though
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
You know nothing about me and what I go through in my life, what my financial situation is, what my health problems and life expectancy are.
Yet I get on with it because I know I'm not the only person this is all affecting.
Poor OP, not so sure that response was called for? - it was as general observation made.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List