Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Hi I’m booked & go on the 7th August for 3 nights!
But now worrying incase they bring in the 14 day quarantine when we get back or even when we get there!
I’ve spoke to my cousin as she works there & she’s saying it’s very quiet the capacity is around 25000 over both parks & they had 14000 yesterday.
I’m excited but now worried as a lot can change in 11 days time.
I have been at work all day and just read this I am not sure I can take yet another cancellation. We are due to go on the 8th August. From reading news reports they make it sound like it is almost definitely going to happen. Could literally cry.
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
saneman69
I want to go now!

Hi, yes we’re in the same boat, we were originally booked to go to Anaheim in August but obviously that was all cancelled... so we resigned ourselves to nothing then saw how quiet the parks at DLP were on Friday so booked 3 nights and 2 days from 19th August on Saturday, now this 😬... we’ve just got this feeling they’ll announce a quarantine?

And then we’d have to decide to go or not, it’s not so bad for me and my wife as we’ll be WFH anyway, but the kids are due back at school and they’ve missed so much time already... there’ll be lots of nervous waiting now, fingers crossed everyone 🤞
saneman69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Fingers crossed it doesn’t come to it. I go in 11 days only booked it at the weekend & then I only heard about the potential quarantine today 😫
I know Spain and Spanish islands have to quarantine, are you thinking returning from France we may to or has it actually been said? I thought there numbers were about the same as UK?
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I've just had a horrible thought, which is that France previous did reciprocal quarantine arrangements. So if the UK announces quarantine on return from France, I imagine France will immediately announce that arrivals from the UK also have to quarantine.

I'm going to give it another week or two to see how the numbers go, but ultimately I don't see any option but to cancel now. The risk is too great, unless I can persuade Disney to extend the 7-day window to be a 1-day window.

The other option is cancel, and then if all is still good then rebook the night before!
Old 28 Jul 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Do remember that the quarantine on the French side was always voluntary...just depends how you would personally feel about not doing it if that were to come back.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

STOP PRESS!

My DW just got off the phone with DLP.

They have said that they have just changed the 7-day cancellation period to 1-day. It's not on the website yet that we can see, but she assured us that was the case. So that means, for us, if no restrictions are imposed before we go that we can still go if we are willing to take the risk of them being imposed whilst we are there. I'm not super-happy with that, but might risk it. If they are imposed beforehand then game over.
Old 29 Jul 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Also due to go in a couple of weeks.. all desperate to go but very nervous now about whether it will be possible... 😥
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
STOP PRESS!

My DW just got off the phone with DLP.

They have said that they have just changed the 7-day cancellation period to 1-day. It's not on the website yet that we can see, but she assured us that was the case. So that means, for us, if no restrictions are imposed before we go that we can still go if we are willing to take the risk of them being imposed whilst we are there. I'm not super-happy with that, but might risk it. If they are imposed beforehand then game over.
Actually, do not take this for certain.

Before DW called I asked @dlphelp on Twitter, and they have confirmed (and now double-checked with their management) that this is NOT the case, and that the 7-day rule still stands.

So now we have totally conflicting information.
Old 29 Jul 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

We are due to go 17th - 27th, but aren't going to risk it in case we have to lock down on return. We would need to come back on the 17th in order to return to school \ work after 14 days isolation.
Looking at rebooking to come back on the 17th and see that our hotel has increased 30% a night and the ferry increase would be 20%.

We think we going to give it a miss this summer.

Don't know where we stand with our APs, as they have to be activated by September.
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by A&S&O View Post
We are due to go 17th - 27th, but aren't going to risk it in case we have to lock down on return. We would need to come back on the 17th in order to return to school \ work after 14 days isolation.
Looking at rebooking to come back on the 17th and see that our hotel has increased 30% a night and the ferry increase would be 20%.

We think we going to give it a miss this summer.

Don't know where we stand with our APs, as they have to be activated by September.
We are due to go on the 18th August and don’t know what to do at this point! We have flights already booked for December so we could use our 2 day tickets then. Kids need to be back to school and college etc . After being excited to go I think we will also be giving it a miss this summer.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List