Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Frange View Post
So... my 331 days out was Wednesday for my outbound flight but my itinerary on VH still shows my flights as Fri 18/6 to Sat 3/7 even though these flights don’t exist anymore!
I had hoped they would make some kind of automatic alteration even if they didn’t contact me. But nope!
Do I need to wait until my inbound flight is at 331 days then they will amend both flights?
I tried once again to contact VH today but it is literally impossible unless you fly within the next 21 days.
My problem is that I have a villa owner holding a villa for me waiting until I can confirm my new dates!
This is driving me crazy!
Me too! We are supposed to be a Saturday to Saturday for May next year, so only our outbound flight exists. Our inbound 331 days is long gone now and it still hasn't changed on VH manage my booking! I know for a fact our inbound has changed though because I can use the same flight reference to log into VA and can see we've been changed to Saturday to Friday.

I even managed to book our seats for the inbound even although it hasn't updated on VH yet!
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve picked my seats for my flight out on the 12th June but did a dummy booking as my friend had decided to come and there is no economy seats available to buy! Only PE and UC avail. Economy is still empty when I look at our seats! I’m hoping they aren’t thinking about cancelling this flight. We’ve booked with VH and supposed to be coming home on sat 3rd July but fully expect that to change to fri 2nd 🙄
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Well my 330 days was today. The virgin holidays app and website says that I can reserve seats from 6th August which is 317 days.

Virgin Atlantic have zero clue and have just said it’ll appear tomorrow.
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Funny mine said 6th August too. I looked for my flight ref number on VH app and couldn’t see it on outbound flight but it was on the inbound flight 🤷 Got it the day our outbound flight was released
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Frange
Proud to wear my Ears

Finally managed to get a response from VH via WhatsApp but it was as much use as a chocolate teapot!
They advised me that a ‘dedicated flight change’ team were dealing with affected customers in ‘travel date order’.
Apparently they will contact me with my new options at some point.
I asked when that is likely to be, they said they did not know!
Utterly useless.
Windsor At Westside July 2017
Grand Floridian/ Windsor Hills 2024
Frange is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Maret
Earning More Ears

Not the best answer, especially if you have to rearrange villa dates etc... Keep us posted when you here any news, as we will be in same position next October x
Maret is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The frustration with this is not knowing if it’ll change again. We can’t book flights until November anyway so I’m hoping by then things are clearer.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Well my 330 days was today. The virgin holidays app and website says that I can reserve seats from 6th August which is 317 days.

Virgin Atlantic have zero clue and have just said it’ll appear tomorrow.
and without any communication (I went on Virgin Atlantic’s website and seen it, I’ve been moved to a Friday return (so 13 day holiday) without any communication from either virgin Atlantic nor Virgin Holidays
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Maret
Earning More Ears

Thanks for the update, not good at all with the lack of communication & holiday being reduced, with no other options, will wait until November to see what I’ve been given 😣
Maret is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
and without any communication (I went on Virgin Atlantic’s website and seen it, I’ve been moved to a Friday return (so 13 day holiday) without any communication from either virgin Atlantic nor Virgin Holidays

Horrible customer service from virgin holidays. I’ve escalated a complaint and when I’ve said I’d like a 14 day holiday and offered them alternatives such as via jfk they replied saying they could “get me home to Manchester at the same cost”

Incompetent or robbers? I live in Central Scotland. In what way Is flying me home to Manchester actually flying me home.

And at the same cost?