Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jul 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone planning a last minute holiday outside the UK/Ireland?

Just wondering if anyone has booked a last minute holiday to travel over the next few weeks, and if so, where are you going?

I'm interested in hearing some feedback from people on what it's like and how you find it.

We're thinking of potentially booking Italy for a holiday this year, to go maybe in 2 months time, but I feel it's going to have to be booked within a week or two of travelling since everything is changing so much, and so quickly.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Not a chance, due to the possibility of a flare up in cases and having to quarantine when you get back home.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We got back from Croatia last week and loved it so much we have booked to go back next month!
Old 27 Jul 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kate View Post
We got back from Croatia last week and loved it so much we have booked to go back next month!
Oh very nice! How did you find it, and was it much different than what you expected?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Oh very nice! How did you find it, and was it much different than what you expected?
It was amazing! We stayed in Cavtat and visited Dubrovnik one day. It was nice and quiet as apparently it can get busy so glad we went now!

Weather was great, 27 every day. The hotel was spotless and there was hand sanitizer everywhere. They sanitised our cases when we got there and took our temperature.

You have to wear face masks in the shops and on public transport.

We were outside most if the time though and it wasn't busy so we weren't worried.

We flew with Jet2 from Manchester and can't fault them. We both didn't struggle with masks in the 2.5 hr flight and everyone wore one as far as we could see. We just got used to them and I changed mine for a fresh one midway through the fought as we had worn them in the airport too.
Old 27 Jul 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kate View Post
It was amazing! We stayed in Cavtat and visited Dubrovnik one day. It was nice and quiet as apparently it can get busy so glad we went now!

Weather was great, 27 every day. The hotel was spotless and there was hand sanitizer everywhere. They sanitised our cases when we got there and took our temperature.

You have to wear face masks in the shops and on public transport.

We were outside most if the time though and it wasn't busy so we weren't worried.

We flew with Jet2 from Manchester and can't fault them. We both didn't struggle with masks in the 2.5 hr flight and everyone wore one as far as we could see. We just got used to them and I changed mine for a fresh one midway through the fought as we had worn them in the airport too.
That sounds really great, thanks for all the feedback! If we go away I think we'll try to hire a car so that we don't have to use public transport (which we're usually fine with)

Did you get travel insurance before you went, and if so, who with? We have annual with our bank, but I'm pretty sure it won't cover us, so will need to get something separately.
Old 27 Jul 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
That sounds really great, thanks for all the feedback! If we go away I think we'll try to hire a car so that we don't have to use public transport (which we're usually fine with)

Did you get travel insurance before you went, and if so, who with? We have annual with our bank, but I'm pretty sure it won't cover us, so will need to get something separately.
I got the one through Jet 2 and already have it with Halifax. I think they both cover for if you get ill abroad but not for cancellations due to Covid.

The only public transport we used was a taxi to and from the airport and we got a boat to Dubrovnik but didn't wear a mask on the boat with not being close to people and in the sea air. Might get a car hired for our next trip though to do some exploring!
Old 2 Aug 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

We're in Majorca now. We booked in January for 31 July one week all inclusive. This past 10 days have been a roller coaster with quarantine being introduced and the the FCO advice changing.

We looked to move to Italy or Croatia and then on Thursday night we decided to still continue with original plans and travel to Majorca.

We got extra insurance with Battleface and left mum behind as couldn't get cover for her 😢

In Majorca it feels very safe. Our hotel is busier than I expected but plenty of room and lots of social distancing. Everyone is wearing a mask.

Out and about the bars are empty.

We've planned for quarentine with extended leave from work and Asda online booked for the Sunday after we return.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We're in Majorca now. We booked in January for 31 July one week all inclusive. This past 10 days have been a roller coaster with quarantine being introduced and the the FCO advice changing.

We looked to move to Italy or Croatia and then on Thursday night we decided to still continue with original plans and travel to Majorca.

We got extra insurance with Battleface and left mum behind as couldn't get cover for her 😢

In Majorca it feels very safe. Our hotel is busier than I expected but plenty of room and lots of social distancing. Everyone is wearing a mask.

Out and about the bars are empty.

We've planned for quarentine with extended leave from work and Asda online booked for the Sunday after we return.
Thanks for the feedback! Let me know if you’re still feeling the same way about it all when you get home a girl I know has just got back from Sorrento and had a great time, so it’s nice to hear the feedback from people
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

We have two weeks booked off work in September, we are hoping to book something the day before we fly. I normally have holidays booked years in advance this is all so new to me booking last minute! But I just daren’t book anything with how quickly things change overnight. There’s so much to think about it’s making my head spin!