Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

Free dining and Compass Club

Hi All

We've never been to DLP, but are booked to stay at the Newport Bay in February. We have the current offer of free dining (breakfast + dinner), so I'm wondering how it works.
I believe that the Compass Club has breakfast included, so could we therefore use our other breakfast credit later for 'elevensies' or grab a croissant on the way through to the parks to eat later? DS12 has hollow legs, so would not be adverse to a mid morning snack

Another question, would it be worth upgrading to full board? I don't know how much it would be, but DS12 is a growing lad and a bit of a 'foodie' to boot!

Many thanks
Kat
VizslaMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

From my understanding (having booked compass club for next year on the same offer), the compass club perks are factored into dining so if you pay for dining, the cost of breakfast is deducted from the price.

I believe this means that you will only receive a voucher for dinner as breakfast is already included. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about dining can confirm this.

Does the offer you have booked include the gift card? This could always be used towards snacks in the parks and you can make use of the afternoon tea in the compass club lounge.

I'm afraid I can't answer whether the full board dining plan is worth it but it might be worth considering whether you would prefer more sit down options(using full board vouchers), or whether you would be happy to pay for counter service meals instead.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did golden forest at Sequoia lodge last year, no meal plan but golden forest gives you breakfast and afternoon tea. You can eat as much or as little as you like and there was a vast selection of food to choose from, even my granddaughter enjoyed unlimited scrambled eggs every day. If your 12yo has hollow legs he could fill up on breakfast, come back for afternoon snacks, think they were between 2-4pm then go for dinner later. I know you wont get extra breakfast credits as they balance out the cost of compass club and dining package. I would say we ate really well and found we didnt want big meals in the evening. The afternoon snacks are mainly sweet with a small selection of savoury. Hope that helps
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I have done full board once and regretted it.

Breakfast is a big meal (potentially - in reality if you only had a bowl of cereal, no-one is going to make you eat more, but you're missing out on a lot of lovely food!)

Then you have a three-course meal at some point in the day - either lunch or dinner. Again, you don't have to eat all three courses, but you're getting poor value for your voucher if you don't.

If you have full board, that's another three-course meal at either lunch or dinner.

Given that the French don't rush their food and it's not unusual for a restaurant meal to take 2 hours, that's an awful lot of food and a lot of good park time wasted.

OK, so the park shuts early in the winter so an evening in a hotel/Village restaurant is a good idea. But then I wouldn't want to spend several hours having lunch as well.

There have been reports of some CMs allowing you to use a meal credit for a counter service meal, but that's not official and can't be guaranteed.

Personally, I tend to eat quite a big breakfast if it's included in my hotel stay, and then I'm not hungry till about 3pm. If I was doing Compass Club I could quite happily go back to the lounge for the snacks in the afternoon, and not need anything else except dinner.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List