Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 30 Jul 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Jet2 ... how much notice

Hi

Trying to gauge how much notice Jet2 are providing that a holiday is cancelled.

I appreciate that Spain has been out if their control but wondered how many days before the holiday other found out it was cancelled.

Thanks
Old 30 Jul 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Last week was extraordinary - some customers were given less than 24 hours notice. Jet2 are currently asking/telling customers who flew out last week to get ready to leave the resort to return to the U.K. days before they were due to return as they are trying to consolidate their flights.

If you choose to not go on your designated departure date you could lose out ... it is really making me think twice about paying the balance on our Lanzarote holiday in October ☹️
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I’m just curious in general how much notice they are trying to give. Our package operator to Algarve state they have to give min 7 days notice but as Jet2 have cancelled all flights upto/ inc 16th Aug wondered if those due to fly this week have just been given 7 days whilst those on 16th clearly longer. Is it a departure date lottery? We are flying with Jet2.
Old 30 Jul 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Last week was extraordinary - some customers were given less than 24 hours notice. Jet2 are currently asking/telling customers who flew out last week to get ready to leave the resort to return to the U.K. days before they were due to return as they are trying to consolidate their flights.

If you choose to not go on your designated departure date you could lose out ... it is really making me think twice about paying the balance on our Lanzarote holiday in October ☹️
I think its a little unfair to use the recent and very fast moving circumstances as an example. They weren't given any warning themselves and had to do what was best. If they hadn't cancelled the flights / holidays then people could have been out of pocket more as they wouldn't have had to refund if the flight was still going ahead.

It is also unsustainable for them to be sending out empty planes to bring back passengers on their scheduled flights. It is inevitable that some people are going to have to come home early 😔

We had flights with them to mainland Spain for this coming Monday. The announcement was made last Saturday tea time. On Sunday I had an email detailing our options including a full refund. Today I had an email saying the refund had been processed. I can't ask for any more than that, and they regularly come near the top of the refund poll which has been running since the start of the pandemic.

I just hope that they can come out of the other side of all of this. They seem to be one of the relatively good guys in the industry.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We had flights booked to Malaga with Jet 2 for 6th August. Last Sunday morning they were in touch offering amend/ credit note/ refund. We opted for refund. So they got in touch with us pretty quickly.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We should have flown to Madeira at the end of April, and Jet2 contacted us 2 weeks beforehand to let us know that it had been cancelled. However, they were extremely quick in refunding our money (within 2 days), so we rebooked for next year.

We also have a trip to Budapest planned in September. Last week we were notified that our flight had been cancelled, but it turned out the flights had been moved a day. Again we were given the option for a refund or a credit note. We took the credit note and booked flight a day later than originally planned, but a different hotel that turned out to be £100 cheaper. The balance was refunded to our bank account within a day.

Unfortunately at the moment, things are quite fluid (witness the lockdown restrictions in our part of the world! ), but I do think Jet 2 have been one of the better (if not the best) experiences.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I think its a little unfair to use the recent and very fast moving circumstances as an example. They weren't given any warning themselves and had to do what was best. If they hadn't cancelled the flights / holidays then people could have been out of pocket more as they wouldn't have had to refund if the flight was still going ahead.

It is also unsustainable for them to be sending out empty planes to bring back passengers on their scheduled flights. It is inevitable that some people are going to have to come home early 😔

We had flights with them to mainland Spain for this coming Monday. The announcement was made last Saturday tea time. On Sunday I had an email detailing our options including a full refund. Today I had an email saying the refund had been processed. I can't ask for any more than that, and they regularly come near the top of the refund poll which has been running since the start of the pandemic.

I just hope that they can come out of the other side of all of this. They seem to be one of the relatively good guys in the industry.
It looks like I worded my post badly … I was trying to say that what happened last week was "extra-ordinary" and not to be taken as normal practice.

However, with a holiday booked for October I am apprehensive and worried about potentially losing money because Jet 2's policy is to increase the cost of changing a holiday the closer you get to departure date - and of course it is reasonable for them to do this. It just makes me nervous as DH can't take an extra 2 weeks off work for quarantine.

As far as I can work out if we changed the holiday date now it would cost £40 per person increasing to £150 per person close to departure date. The cost of holidays next year has increased a lot so that would be even more expense.

Of course we want to go in October and of course we want to support Jet 2 … we were in Lanzarote in March, actually getting ready to go to the airport when Jet 2 turned around the planes mid-air to return to the UK - they handled the whole situation brilliantly imo … the best of all the airlines, which is why we were happy to book with them again.

We are just living in uncertain times at the moment
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Jet2 cancelled our October trip to croatia, last week, and refunded yesterday amazing service. The flights were not full enough apparently. We have rebooked our hotel directly, and Easyjet flights to split, in the hope we might still go... who knows what will happen between now and october!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
common sense would make them stop the current raft of tv adverts being shown, and have a pause ( plus save tv ad money for potential refunds) and see what occurs over the next 3 weeks
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

We got about 5 weeks notice. They refunded us automatically after a week.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List