Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Aug 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I’m just curious in general how much notice they are trying to give. Our package operator to Algarve state they have to give min 7 days notice but as Jet2 have cancelled all flights upto/ inc 16th Aug wondered if those due to fly this week have just been given 7 days whilst those on 16th clearly longer. Is it a departure date lottery? We are flying with Jet2.
So we had flights booked to Faro (Algarve), flying out Friday 17th August. I got an email 7 days prior to this to say they were cancelled. I have been told to expect a refund within 28 days, not sure if this is 28 days from the email cancelling the flights or 28 days from when we were meant to fly. This was in the midst of the talk of flight corridors and before Spain flights were halted. Algarve was a no fly but Jet2 had said up until this point they were flying, we even got a check in time is open email. Hope this helps.

Edited at 02:19 PM.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
So we had flights booked to Faro (Algarve), flying out Friday 17th August. I got an email 7 days prior to this to say they were cancelled. I have been told to expect a refund within 28 days, not sure if this is 28 days from the email cancelling the flights or 28 days from when we were meant to fly. This was in the midst of the talk of flight corridors and before Spain flights were halted. Algarve was a no fly but Jet2 had said up until this point they were flying, we even got a check in time is open email. Hope this helps.
Sorry slightly confused as we're not 7 days from that flight yet ie 10th Aug?
WE are booked on their flight via James Villas, so do not expect to hear from them direct. I am curious to know when they will put the next announcement out on their FB page. At present it states upto and inc 16th Aug. I assume they'll have to place another notification for the 17th onwards giving a range of dates their next cancellations will cover. I'm keen to book Greece if that happens but until the flight is cancelled I can't do anything.
James villas have said they'll only give us 7 days notice but ideally I'd like to know if I have a holiday or not prior to then. We fly on the 29th Aug
Do we know when the next government announcements will be?