Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Quertychap View Post
The trouble is, Linda, that if you DO go you may stop living☹️
Well, what's the alternative? To hide away till 2024? Not for me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

CNN news this morning said that you are more likely to die of coronavirus in the US than in any other country. Florida is still a hotspot, and Dr Fauci reckons it will not be truly safe until 2024. BUT the choice is yours!
That is an outright lie. The likelihood of dying from Covid in the US is no way more than any other country.

Edited at 11:46 AM.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Lol 2024🤔I'll take my chances, not prepared to stop living till 2024🙄
Quite right Linda. As you know we're booked for just before you and next April as well.

I know that some scientists and even Dibbers don't think at 74 that I don't have any common sense but we are capable of judging risk to ourselves and others. Even if POTUS opened the borders we wouldn't go whatever we think if FCO don't lift the advisory. Don't fancy being uninsured.

Mick

PS If anyone calls me insane their post will be reported as offensive before you can say "keyboard warrior"

PPS In case anyone's confused the post has been edited.

Edited at 05:21 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

CNN news this morning said that you are more likely to die of coronavirus in the US than in any other country. Florida is still a hotspot, and Dr Fauci reckons it will not be truly safe until 2024. BUT the choice is yours!
How on earth can he judge that?! I agree with other posters, we need to get on with our lives at some point and take risks. We cant live hidden away for the next 3 years!
I'm in the lockdown area but when you look at the areas where the cases have been near me, it's a tiny specific area (and yes it is the Asian area even though noone wants to say it! )
We havnt booked again (should have been there now &#128549 but if I knew the borders and FCO were allowing it, I would go. We are probably at higher chances of being in car accidents every time we go out than we are of dying from the virus!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!

Edited at 01:32 PM.
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Would you be covered by travel insurance for anything Covid related illness-wise? That would be the decider for me.

We have a trip planned for Easter 2021 for which we won't be insured and I'm already concerned about going.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by nquart View Post
Would you be covered by travel insurance for anything Covid related illness-wise? That would be the decider for me.

We have a trip planned for Easter 2021 for which we won't be insured and I'm already concerned about going.
I can only relate to Staysure Comprehensive as we renewed our annual policy in June.

In common with I guess at least 90% of other insurers (I checked about a dozen) they will NOT cover cancellation costs due to Covid.

However they will cover medical expenses if you get ill from it over there unless of course you're travelling against FCO advice. The date that you booked the holiday or elements of it is irrevelant.

Being selfish the worst that could happen to us financially is that POTUS opens the borders, BA re-commence flights but the FCO advisory stays in place. We wouldn't go but naturally would be classed as us cancelling and may be exposed to losing the BA flight cost.

Nothing new in that though as we've been waiting 120 days now for a VS refund for April flights.

Mick

Edited at 12:23 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by nquart View Post

I'd never go anywhere uninsured, lots are covering for Covid illness but not including cancellation, I'm quite happy with that as if VH was to cancel then we'd be refunded, eventually 😳
Old 5 Aug 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I can only relate to Staysure Comprehensive as we renewed our annual policy in June.

In common with I guess at least 90% of other insurers (I checked about a dozen) they will NOT cover cancellation costs due to Covid.

However they will cover medical expenses if you get ill from it over there unless of course you're travelling against FCO advice. The date that you booked the holiday or elements of it is irrevelant.

Being selfish the worst this that could happen to us financially is that POTUS opens the borders, BA re-commence flights but the FCO advisory stays in place. We wouldn't go but naturally would be classed as us cancelling and may be exposed to losing the BA flight cost.

Nothing new in that though as we've been waiting 120 days now for a VS refund for April flights.

Mick
We're on 120 days too Mick, was told this morning ours is due to be processed week commencing 30th August 😳
Old 5 Aug 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
We're on 120 days too Mick, was told this morning ours is due to be processed week commencing 30th August 😳
Linda

Over the past 120 days I've been extremely tolerant of Virgin's tardiness as we all know the reasons but yesterday I got pretty angry when exchanging texts on the chat line that I was told to use when they cancelled. They never read what you write but a robot simply regurgitates the same questions and platitude answers so (I'm embarrassed to say at my age) I did throw my toys out of the pram and emailed the CEO. Firmly but politely. Had a reply thanking me for contacting Shai and said I'd have a "proper" reply within 72 hours. Let's see.

Mick
Old 5 Aug 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
It is already on the news today that a vaccine will be available for 2020
Could you provide a link please as I can't find any news media reporting this.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List