Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Aug 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile Greece resort recommendations

A number of years ago I turned to The Dibb for recommendations for Greece. My criteria were:

"We really fancy an apartment (2 beds if poss), with a nice pool (doesn't have to be all singing, all dancing, as long as it gets the sun and isn't tiny). Not bothered about all inclusive as we like to go out and about to eat, so nearby nice restaurants are a must, and maybe a beach or two to explore"

And the lovely soooexcited! Recommend Pefkos in Rhodes which we just loved. It had everything we wanted and more. The kids are now older but our main requirements are very similar. We loved Pefkos as it was relatively small and compact, lively but in a family friendly way, had amazing restaurants everywhere we turned and the beach was beautiful.

We could just go back there but we like to try new places. So..is there anywhere else that might fit the bill for us?
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

In common with sooexcited we love Corfu.

I recommend Kalami on the NE coast. Lovely pebbled beach, a few tavernas and boat services to the adjoining bay where there are more tavernas, as well as to Corfu Town for sightseeing.

We tend to rent a car for a few days in the middle of our stay to explore the Island and the adjoining villages. We also sometimes rent a boat for the day and it’s idyllic visiting places by boat and stopping to swim in small bays.
Old 4 Aug 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Marni village in koutouloufari in Crete. Go for a two bed apartment. If you rent direct it's pay on arrival, discount for cash and Aircon included.

Us next year 🙂

If wanting something a bit more basic traditional Greek. Then the metaxatos in Lassi in Kefalonia is very well located. It is well worth paying extra for a two bed over a one bed here.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed in the Asteris Apartments in Skala Kefalonia, we had a car so drove into Skala Town which was a five minute drive, I think there’s a hotel bus that can take you up and down. It was wonderful and the beach was stony but a little drive away there’s Mounda beach which is sandy warm and clear and the fish nip you!
My kids keep saying they want to be in Kefalonia snorkelling over the rocks
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Marni village in koutouloufari in Crete. Go for a two bed apartment. If you rent direct it's pay on arrival, discount for cash and Aircon included.

Us next year 🙂

If wanting something a bit more basic traditional Greek. Then the metaxatos in Lassi in Kefalonia is very well located. It is well worth paying extra for a two bed over a one bed here.
One of our local travel agents raves about this place on Facebook all the time so good to hear another recommendation.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
We stayed in the Asteris Apartments in Skala Kefalonia, we had a car so drove into Skala Town which was a five minute drive, I think there’s a hotel bus that can take you up and down. It was wonderful and the beach was stony but a little drive away there’s Mounda beach which is sandy warm and clear and the fish nip you!
My kids keep saying they want to be in Kefalonia snorkelling over the rocks
Sounds wonderful. Thank you
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
In common with sooexcited we love Corfu.

I recommend Kalami on the NE coast. Lovely pebbled beach, a few tavernas and boat services to the adjoining bay where there are more tavernas, as well as to Corfu Town for sightseeing.

We tend to rent a car for a few days in the middle of our stay to explore the Island and the adjoining villages. We also sometimes rent a boat for the day and it’s idyllic visiting places by boat and stopping to swim in small bays.
thank you. Hiring a car and exploring is on our agenda for sure wherever we go.
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Being nosy, but what general age are your kids? Pre teens, teens, late teens?
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Being nosy, but what general age are your kids? Pre teens, teens, late teens?
They will be 13 and 14 next summer.
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Of the two that I have suggested the Marni has a bigger pool, metaxatos is more basic. The reason I asked is that the one in Lassi is very well located and allows easy strolling in argostili in the evening. My older teens happily went off on their own and I felt completely safe. My 14 yo too. Not sure I would send her when she was 13 on her own though,maybe different in pairs. Plenty of good sailing and turtle watching and dolphin spotting in Kefalonia. Much lower key than Crete, but Koutouloufari is a quieter resort for Crete. Much more to do onsite at Marni.

Agree with others Corfu is nice. Much more lush than Pefkos. We tend to stay in Roda, Kalami or San Stephanos (east).

If you fancy Corfu am sure Rasmus will have some useful suggestions too.