Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
getting £545 pp for man to tampa 1 stop - starting to look a bit better - just going to hold on another few days x
thats a good price Jenna, where is the stop ? are you using sky scanner to search ?

prices are driving me mad at the mo, we were thinking of staying at a value resort ASM was £885 a month ago today it was £ 1150 (or there bouts ) for 6 nights

all these increases will defo add up! not sure if the prices will change much on their website ?

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tillymoon View Post
thats a good price Jenna, where is the stop ? are you using sky scanner to search ?

prices are driving me mad at the mo, we were thinking of staying at a value resort ASM was £885 a month ago today it was £ 1150 (or there bouts ) for 6 nights

all these increases will defo add up! not sure if the prices will change much on their website ?

yes skyscanner kayak, netflights. The stop is PHL on way there and LHR on the way back. Just glad they seem to be going down a bit now. Ohh I know, POR was £420 for 2 nights and went up to £510 Glad we are only stopping for 2 nights (only staying onsite for the 60 day FP) and then onto a villa which seemed to suit us better last time. You're right - these increases here and there really do add up. Have you considered a villa or do you much prefer staying onsite ? x

Edited at 09:45 PM.
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

yes skyscanner kayak, netflights. The stop is PHL on way there and LHR on the way back. Just glad they seem to be going down a bit now. Ohh I know, POR was £420 for 2 nights and went up to £510 Glad we are only stopping for 2 nights (only staying onsite for the 60 day FP) and then onto a villa which seemed to suit us better last time. You're right - these increases here and there really do add up. Have you considered a villa or do you much prefer staying onsite ? x
we just loved the convenience last time as first timers, as it made everyting easy/stress free , the magical express from airport, then use disney transport the whole time, emh etc etc , were doing a 3 center trip, and hubby doesnt want to drive all the time (i wont drive at all over there tbh )
then will be on to i drive for 4/5 nights then to gulf cost for 4/5 nights, were only planning on using a car for the final part of the trip, even if we fly drive (MIA) , the car will just be parked up for the WDW & ID

we used TC, direct last time and was more than happy , even prefer the seat config 2x2 ... but with all that up in the air, im not sure whether to rule the out ?

i did see there was a thread about TC , or on another Fb page , saying its all atol/abta protected ... i not sure if thats true if i just book flights with TC airlines?

flipping heck! getting fed up with not getting anywhere !

patience is not my strength !

DLP 2012
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

we just loved the convenience last time as first timers, as it made everyting easy/stress free , the magical express from airport, then use disney transport the whole time, emh etc etc , were doing a 3 center trip, and hubby doesnt want to drive all the time (i wont drive at all over there tbh )
then will be on to i drive for 4/5 nights then to gulf cost for 4/5 nights, were only planning on using a car for the final part of the trip, even if we fly drive (MIA) , the car will just be parked up for the WDW & ID

we used TC, direct last time and was more than happy , even prefer the seat config 2x2 ... but with all that up in the air, im not sure whether to rule the out ?

i did see there was a thread about TC , or on another Fb page , saying its all atol/abta protected ... i not sure if thats true if i just book flights with TC airlines?

flipping heck! getting fed up with not getting anywhere !

patience is not my strength !
Sounds like an amazing trip Our original plan was to do a multicity and stop in NYC for a few nights but going to save that for another trip (when we are only going to be doing universal) but while our girls are still a bit young we wanted to do disney again and maybe save nyc for when they're a bit older. I can't drive so DH is stuck with it Luckily he quite enjoys driving. I'm keen to fly with BA again because that's what I know but open to all options I think - getting fed up too but I reckon we'll have this booked within the next few days
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Glad you recommend BA Jenna , are you a family of 4 ?

How do you book your seats ?

When I’ve looked at seat plans
Is looks like rows of 3 ? Is this right ?

I LOVE your confidence about booking ! Fingers crossed xx

DLP 2012
Old 19 May 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad you recommend BA Jenna , are you a family of 4 ?

How do you book your seats ?

When I’ve looked at seat plans
Is looks like rows of 3 ? Is this right ?

I LOVE your confidence about booking ! Fingers crossed xx
Yes a family of 4 There are 4 seats together down the center row so we all sat together last time (and no arguing over window seats which is always a bonus!).

...haha if I say it enough it might come true ... in 2 or 3 days time my confidence could well waver but will try and keep our spirits up until then xx
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 20 May 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Melyn12 View Post
We’ve booked our fly drive LHR-MIA as couldn’t turn down the price as we are a family of 5 but the rest of our party are holding off for a deal... our dates are the exact Easter hols so 4-18th April. Really hoping the prices drop to a reasonable amount for them! 😓
We are a family of six
We have booked
Manchester-Heathrow-Miami
At 660 each including 7 seater with top insurance couldn’t argue with that for 18 nights
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

I keep seeing flights with BA with an hour and 40 mins stop over in PHL. Last time I went I had a 2 hour stop over and we just made it as people were queuing up at the gate to board. Anyone know how achievable an hour and 40 mins is? Would be nervous about missing the connection x
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 20 May 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We had our fastest ever connection through phili. IIRC it took less than 20 minutes from stepping off the plane to arriving at the next gate. I wouldn’t book anything with less than 2 hours unless there was a lot of later flights to your destination.

Edited at 01:35 PM.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
I keep seeing flights with BA with an hour and 40 mins stop over in PHL. Last time I went I had a 2 hour stop over and we just made it as people were queuing up at the gate to board. Anyone know how achievable an hour and 40 mins is? Would be nervous about missing the connection x
I wouldn’t do it, just think about how long it takes the luggage to get off the plane, you might make it but your luggage wouldn’t, plus don’t you have to do immigration at your first US airport.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List