Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 08, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Disneyland Paris - 7th Birthday ideas.

Chatting to one of the other mums at my toddler group today, she said that she was heading to DLP soon for her daughter's 7th birthday. I gave her the details for this site, but thought I would ask if anyone had any suggestions for a girls 7th Birthday at DLP- she has been told Character Breakfast aren't worthwhile (just cakes & pastries). I wasn't sure if there was a Bibbity Bobbity Boutique - if there is, any idea how much & how best to book to avoid disappointment? Any suggestions greatly received. Thanks in advance.
Old 17 Sep 08, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Hi there
Personally I would say the a character breakfast is really worthwhile- it isn't jsut cakes and pastries- there's fruit, breads, yoghurts, meats, cheeses, hot stuff and so forth. And it is also noe of the best ways to meet the characters at DLP as in the parks to say it's a bit of a scrum is an understatement! There is also a birthday teatime held in the afternoon, no idea what this is like but it might be worth checking out. There are character meals too at Cafe Mickeys in the village and Lucky Nugget in Fronteirland, and a princess meal in Auberge de Cendrillion in Fantasyland, so one of them might be a good option. Or there's Buffalo bills which is good if they like animals or action stufff (not so good if they're asthmatic!)
Whatever they decide to do I'm sure they'll have a great time- as of last time I went though there was no Bibbiti bobbiti boutique out there.
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 08, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello,

Birthday tea is ok - it's a buffet affair in Plaza Gardens. Good character interaction but the characters can be a bit random. As I remember there is a gift for the birthday child. I would think a 7 year old would enjoy it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 08, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I would recommend the Princess Lunch at Auberge De Cendrillion. It is a bit pricey though. They also now do a Princess themed dressing up and photo set at the DLH which would be lovely.

Dinner at Cafe Mickey with the characters and a cake is also a good option.
Old 19 Sep 08, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
stephwa
Imagineer

We went to the Character Tea Party at Plaza Gardens and thought it was wonderful. I think the birthday tea party is £17 per person. There is quite a large buffet - loads of cakes, pastries, pancakes, yoghurts, brioche, and then hash browns, sausages, bacon and eggs. The birthday tea party people get a cake per table which they bring out while singing (really fun!) and then the birthday girl/boy gets a Mickey plush toy. The cakes are a decent size - but the amount of people who left them when we were there! Anyway, really recommend this for a birthday suprise. The times are 3pm-4pm and 5:30-6:30pm

The character breakfast is also really good - ours was at Cafe Mickey. Much better way to meet the characters than in the park! Lovely breakfast as well, and a good change from the continental breakfast you get every day.
DLP 1992 - Davy Crockett Ranch WDW 1994 - Grosvenor WDW 1996 - Travelodge LBW DLP 1997WDW 1998 - Caribbean Beach WDW 2000 - Nikki Bird WDW 2002 - Quality Inn Plaza WDW 2007 - Coronado Springs Resort DLP 2007 - Sequoia Lodge WDW 2009 - Villa and Pop! DLP 2009 - Newport Bay DLP 2010 - New York Hotel WDW 2010 - Pop Century

Upcoming Trips...
WDW October 2011!

stephwa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 08, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

We also really enjoyed the Princess Lunch. Bit pricey but very nice. Good Character interaction and excellent food.
Old 19 Sep 08, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Thanks eveyone, appreciate your input, which I will pass on. Nothing worse than going unprepared & feeling that you should have done this or that and she'll never be 7 again! My kids hate the characters coming too close, so I may never get the chance to enjoy this - maybe I need to sort out a baby sitter,so that I can get a character lunch myself
Old 19 Sep 08, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread