Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

I managed to get into the magicband selection page earlier this morning, I picked the "EPCOT" band - a grey band with the geodesic shapes on it. It showed up against my character on the My Disney Experience web page etc.

My daughter was picking her's this evening and she wanted to look at my (superbly tasteful) selection!
It was missing!
(Dun Dun Durrrrrrrrrrrrr)

It seems to have been completely removed and is no longer a selection available.
I also noticed that this morning - 45 options for selection with a very limited "free" solid colours, grey, red, blue, green.
Now there appears to be 39 options, with more choice of the solid "freebies".

Anyone else experienced this?

I don't remember being asked for payment, however I think we have a card registered to the MDE account, so I assume it was taken automatically - I must check!

The EPCOT band is disappearing as fast as the Leave A Legacy stones! :-)
Krushy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Shellie
Helping Mickey

I chose the snacks and bb8, I didn’t pay but now the snacks has disappeared and the bb8 won’t work when I select it.

Originally Posted by Krushy View Post
I managed to get into the magicband selection page earlier this morning, I picked the "EPCOT" band - a grey band with the geodesic shapes on it. It showed up against my character on the My Disney Experience web page etc.

My daughter was picking her's this evening and she wanted to look at my (superbly tasteful) selection!
It was missing!
(Dun Dun Durrrrrrrrrrrrr)

It seems to have been completely removed and is no longer a selection available.
I also noticed that this morning - 45 options for selection with a very limited "free" solid colours, grey, red, blue, green.
Now there appears to be 39 options, with more choice of the solid "freebies".

Anyone else experienced this?

I don't remember being asked for payment, however I think we have a card registered to the MDE account, so I assume it was taken automatically - I must check!

The EPCOT band is disappearing as fast as the Leave A Legacy stones! :-)
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter March 2017Dibb Villa April 2017 Disney’s Sequoia Lodge February 2018 Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside February 2020 Dibb Villa February 2020 Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch April 2023
Shellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Just had a look, quite a few have gone.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I've just chosen the rainbow Mickey band, paid for it no problem but did notice that some of the designs had disappeared. Seems there must be a limited number available. Whether more will appear, who knows? Anyway I have done mine. Fingers crossed all is OK.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

I don't recall being asked to pay for the band.
Does anyone have experience of paying for a band individually or will the site only request payment when the whole party has selected their bands?

Edited at 07:03 PM.
Old 21 May 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
twan111111
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Oh no ... I wanted Sorcerer Mickey but he’s no longer there
twan111111 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

The magicbands being made available, surely can't be limited numbers?
Otherwise in my case Disney would need to store them for a year and a half until we arrive.
That doesn't make any sense...
Old 21 May 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

I think maybe the bands being offered in people's selection maybe time window driven?

i.e. this band will be offered to people arriving in the next 100 days, but not this one because it is only available for the next 50 days.

This would then provide some level of control on stock, refreshing with new designs etc.

Does anyone else with an earlier arrival than 481 days away see the "EPCOT" band for offer still? (to test my theory)
Old 21 May 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Shellie
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Krushy View Post
I think maybe the bands being offered in people's selection maybe time window driven?

i.e. this band will be offered to people arriving in the next 100 days, but not this one because it is only available for the next 50 days.

This would then provide some level of control on stock, refreshing with new designs etc.

Does anyone else with an earlier arrival than 481 days away see the "EPCOT" band for offer still? (to test my theory)
I don’t see it , a lot of ones have disappeared on mine
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter March 2017Dibb Villa April 2017 Disney’s Sequoia Lodge February 2018 Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside February 2020 Dibb Villa February 2020 Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch April 2023
Shellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Krushy
Gone all Goofy

The available options for me is now down to 35 (so dropped from 45, to 39, to now 35)

Come back EPCOT!
(all is forgiven)