Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Mar 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

When to postpone until?

We're due to go during May half term. Booked with the French site. BA have cancelled our flights. I have resigned myself to the fact that we're not going but haven't yet decided what to do with the hotel booking. I've just had a baby so it was supposed to be a 'thank you for being such a great big sister' present to my Disney mad four year old from the baby.

We're limited to school holidays so on the current postponement offer, could only go during the Summer holidays; but the crowds then really don't appeal to me. Ideally I'd reschedule for next May half term but that isn't currently on offer.

A further consideration is that we'd booked flights with BA, using loyalty points, from Manchester to CDG, making a stop off in London. Adds on some time but cost us £6 total for taxes. Their cancellation reimbursement will be a voucher for the cash price of the flights, but we don't know how much that will be. So there's no guarantee that their voucher would cover what seems to be the astronomical cost of their indirect flights.

So my current options are:

1) Cancel, and rebook for February or May half term next year, as a new booking. Flights with Easyjet for Feb half term are currently £29 each way. (In February my youngest would be 11 months - and crawling at a minimum, in May 14 months and definitely walking.)

2) Postpone til the Summer, for free. Accept that flight prices are expensive already and we'll have to suck it up.

3) Wait until slightly closer to April 15th and hope they extend the postponement period to include next year (unlikely, I know).

4) Postpone til Summer. If the parks are open, go. But really hoping that if the park closure is extended, so will the postponement period.

I know it's each to their own and there is no right answer, but all thoughts welcome.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

We're in a similar position, due to go May half term, and nothing short of a miracle will mean that will go ahead now. We're also stuck with school holidays, but have decided it will either be May 2021 or cancel altogether after our VA flights are cut and we can get the money back for everything.
Out thinking is that we don't want to go during summer holidays because of the weather and to be honest its far from certain that travel will be back to normal by then, and we'd have to buy new insurance which would probably not have CV cover in it.
I would happily go in Oct half term but there is no free dining so the cost for the trip will increase by around £2000 (plus whatever extra the flights will be and they will be higher as we got a reasonable deal for May) so this puts it out of reach for us.
So we're looking at next May once free dining is released and flights are refundable or can be changed for beyond end of April 2021. Or just leave it and go somewhere else next year if and when everything has settled down...
Feel really sad about this after saving for 6 years, booking over a year in advance and many hours planning... but a week into self isolation I am very aware that as long as we are together and healthy, my family are lucky enough to get along well enough to have a good time wherever we are (give another week and I may be singing a different song!).
Though I'd still rather it be at WDW :-)
Old 29 Mar 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

We were meant to be going in 2 weeks time for Easter. We’ve cancelled, we have no idea when things will be back to normal and tbh I don’t want to book any holiday with the way things are atm.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
DD and I should be going June 3rd which I don't think will happen, she doesn't go back to school after Christmas until Jan 11th so thats my plan.
We'll miss Christmas season but good half board offers on the UK site.
I've not had any cancellations yet though. Easyjet flights and hotel direct with DLP french site so bit of a waiting game for us now.
CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List