Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Aug 08, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

DLP in march

Has anyone been this time of year and can let me know what its like crowd and weather wise. we are planning on going 20th march - 25th march (4 nights, plus we intend to spend a day or so in paris, also does any one know what the park hours are aproximatly as they are not listed on disney site as yet, and are they likely to have rides shut this time of year?

also is disney village worth going, ie buffalo bills, and would we be ok to book this when we are there, or is it best to advance book.

has anyone else been to the spa at one of the disney hotels as well? whats it like?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 08, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post

we went in march 2006 and enjoyed it although it was freezing... one tip would be to take 2 warm coats instead of loads of clothes as if you get wet your coat is damp the following day..queues were big so go right to popular rides like buzz lightyear,autopia,. we stayed in the my explorers hotel which is still on site but not a disney hotel..fantastic although food/drink were expensive. try to get to the hypermarket which is one stop down on the train. the train station is right opposite the entrance into disney.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 08, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Posse
VIP Dibber

Disney Posse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 2
WE went in Feb this year and it was cold but not too busy. Stayed at Santa Fe and had the dinner option thrown in, which saved us an absolute fortune and having kids that eat really well, we got our monies worth and then some. If going into the Studios, get on Nemo straight away as within a few minutes of opening the queue was an hour long - no fastpass option at this time. Only place we really had to queue though
Old 26 Aug 08, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you stay at DLP you can book half-board meal option. If you get the Premium one (which you can do even if you're at a budget hotel - just ring Disney) it includes Buffalo Bill's. I think that's cheaper than booking on-site. Definitely worth doing, it was a highlight of my trip.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 08, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Karena
slightly serious Dibber

Hi

We went in early March

It was freezing! It snowed! Frozen lake outside Newport Bay Hotel (think that's the hotel's name)

But it was great - hardly any queues - we just wrapped up really well and took lots of stops for hot coffee!

Quite the opposite to Florida where you nip indoors for the aircon and cold drinks!

Also - Disney Village is ok - I'm a big fan of rainforest cafe so that always makes me happy! Certainly in March we never had any problems getting in to the restaurants. But eating anywhere at DLP can be quite expensive - the rate of euro ensures that!

Edited at 08:13 AM.
Karena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 08, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oooh, we're going in March next year too, 23 March for five days ... think, by the sounds of it, I need to dig out my thermals! xx
Old 27 Sep 08, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
cathann
Apprentice Imagineer

We did March in 2006 and 2007. 2006 was freezing. In 2007, the first day we had to buy dd a hat as she was getting sunburned, a fleece the next day as it was cold, then a rain poncho the last day- talk about being ill prepared!

As far as crowds go, the first year we were there Thurs-Sun and the Thurs was really quiet, the Friday OK and the Saturday and Sunday were heaving. The following year we went Tues-Fri and it was busy-ish most of the week but not unbearably so. I'd go again at that time, but avoid the weekends. If I remember the parks shut at 6pm.
Old 30 Sep 08, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've been twice in March, 1st time weather was lovely, last year we had 3 really warm days and then on the last day it rained abit.

Queues arent to bad weekdays but Saturdays are awful, in fact on our last day we went on very little as the queues were too long.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 08, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread