Notices

Old 1 Sep 16, 03:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

August 2016 Port Orleans Riverside Day 13, Last Day. Magic kingdom And Sky coaster And Rain Rain Rai

Alarm went off at 6.30 and I did the trip report for yesterday while the others washed and dressed. They headed off to breakfast while I got ready. I hate pancakes and can't eat eggs so the breakfasts are a bit wasted on me over here.
The weather is Awful outside and it may be affecting the wifi as I cannot get the next photo to load so I may have to finish his once home. Sorry. It could just be that more people are online in their rooms as the rain has been heavy for hours now. We have had an amazing day though before the rain really set in. I'll keep trying for a bit.

I'm back. Home and sort of unpacked so time to finish the report.
We arrived at the magic kingdom at 9 and everyone had already gone in. Halloween seems to start super early here as all the decorations are up.

Very pretty.

The weather certainly was like autumn in the uk except still very hot.

Looks like they do like each other after all. lol

Check out that sky. Lots of heavy showers today but dry in between. That is until the evening. More on that later.

First up was space mountain. Only 20 mins standby but it took less than 10 so the girls went round for a second round.

The outside of space mountain and the shop you exit through on the left. You can personalise magic bands and phone cases in here. Loved the magic bands. They really are an amazing invention. Never took mine off. No need to hunt for the room key when you get back. No need to carry cash around if you don't want to. No hunting for fast pass tickets. It's all there on your wrist. At the end of the ride you scan your band under your picture and it uploads to your account. On some rides you don't even do that, it just reads it as you ride and automatically adds it. This happens on Seven Dwarfs mine train and it also creates a little ride video. They really are magic.

Dancing in the rain. Only light at the moment!

Can't help but dance along. Much to Holly's embarrassment.

The man himself.

As you exit space mountain it reads your magic bands and puts your name on screen.

We had Fast passes for space mountain, seven dwarfs and splash mountain. We could easily have done them all without fast passes as the queues really are low. Splash was the longest at about 35 minutes. This is a great time of year to come. Certainly the lowest queues I have seen. There have been some busier times of course but arriving early means you get everything you want done.

We did a bit of shopping and headed out about 2.30 ish.

Got back to the resort and packed as quick as we could so we could head out again. The girls had been going on about the sky coaster in Kissimmee for. Months. I rode this when it first opened many years ago and they wanted to try it so we headed there to see if it was running with the weather. They close it if there is lightning in the area. 300ft poles and lightning don't go well together!

No lightning around so on they went. Not cheap at $35 plus tax each ! As soon as they started to get pulled up it rained. You know the typical torrential Florida rain. I was feeling very sorry for them.

We filmed them and they looked like ants so high up. As they began to fall the screams sounded like real terror rather than the usual ride screams and I worried that they didn't enjoy it. However, they loved it. The rain stopped as they came down and I think we were lucky to ride as storms were coming. They were on a real high after and laughed watching the footage back on the phone.

We headed back to the car and dropped it back at the hotel. Jumped on the bus to the magic kingdom. It's the only park that I prefer not to drive to. The Disney bus drops you at the gate rather than the transportation centre so it really is quicker than driving.

It was raining a lot now and pretty much constant. We walked over to the Contemporary hotel to try their food court for dinner. There's not much room in here so you order at the till and they bring it to you.

Girls had meatballs. Not much pasta sauce so a bit dry. We had the pot roast which was delicious. However, as always in Florida the potato was laden with butter which doesn't agree with me so I Had belly ache and looked 7 months pregnant for a few hours. It's my only complaint about the food here. If you go for the healthier option of potato and veg instead of fries, it's always full of butter.

Cupcakes, cookie and croissant for dessert. I had the candy bar cupcake which had toffee sauce in it. Looked sickly but it was delicious. Didn't eat the icing as too much of it. Wouldn't eat here again. Just felt like an after thought crammed into a small area next to chef mickeys. Nice to try somewhere different though.

Just realised forgot to mention lunch. We had Casey's again. Swopped desserts for fries so we could share 2 X foot long hotdog meals.

Darren and Chloe had a funnel cake and ice cream cookie sandwich.

I had a mint choc chip ice cream. Far too big so half ended up wasted.

Holly had a mickey chocolate apple covered in m & m's. Not a snack credit but she'd been dying to try one. $10.99. Under the chocolate is a layer of toffee caramel. None of the actual Apple was eaten. Lol

A rather gloomy sky on our last day.

We headed back into the magic kingdom and did a few more rides in the rain. We had a fast pass for the speedway and we still rode in ponchos. It was pouring down and not very pleasant. Last ride was the people mover before we decided we were wet enough and headed out at about 8.45. It's a shame the weather was so awful for our last day but we have generally been very lucky this trip with the weather. We had no rain the first week.

Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Hope it gets nicer for you
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Floridasun - 3 Sep 16 2:37 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame about the weather for your last day but you got so much donewell done to the girls riding the sky coaster in the rain

Joan
Old 3 Sep 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Thankyou. Yes we still got plenty done. The rain needn't hold you up in Florida. It's warm rain after all. It just means they close some of the outdoor rides if there is lightning around so you do those on another day. I've seen many threads with people worrying about the rain but it doesn't ruin your holiday at all. You just do pool time etc on other days. When we got back to the hotel that night it was still raining heavily and there were still people in the pool near our room!
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Lovely photos, shame about the rain but it does look like you still had a great day!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List