VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
50 Not Out. Solo In September. Chilling Under The Boardwalk

Weds 28 Sept
Today it was time to move to a new venue - a standard studio at BWV. I'd rented points from a Dibber for 2 nights with the plan being to peruse the F&W festival. Loaded the car up, checked out and made the short drive to the Boardwalk. It was the first time the car had moved since I parked up on Friday evening.

I did have a minor moment when security wouldn't let me in as they had.no record of my reservation.
Luckily I was wearing magic band so she scanned it and could see my booking. Phew.
They had no parking pass for me - a bit stricter than Pop - residents only were allowed to use the car park, everyone else had to pay to valet park.
My room wasn't ready (10-30am) but the email with my room number came through before noon.

I headed into Epcot on the boat - wasn't sure how far the walk was and entered via international gateway at 11.
I wanted an ice cream from France but it didn't open til 12 - however in the little courtyard outside I stumbled upon a proposal. There was nobody else around so I retired a discreet distance then posted to take their picture together (offering my congratulations of course when I wanted to shout "don't do it you fools!")
First stop was Canada - wanted to try the filet. Very nice it was too.

I had strategically chosen my fastpasses to do one tier 1 ride per day. As it turned out test track single rider was a walk on so I rode it multiple times 😁
I had a dessert party booked for later so had a late lunch in sunshine seasons before cooling off inside spaceship earth

Time to head back to the Boardwalk to check out my studio. It was charming.
4 th floor overlooking the entrance, but not an unpleasant view

I explored the resort for a bit, including the laundry and the pool - including the infamous clown slide

The view was ok for a standard room and not too noisy.
I had an alert on my phone - some Disney periscopers I follow were live. Turns out they were at the Boardwalk so I got to meet May and Tooti of 365atdisney fame in the lobby. No photo as I don't do selfies lol!

Time to head out for the star wars dessert party at DHS. I checked it at the launch bay, got my lanyard and headed inside.

We were greeted with 2 trays of speciality cocktails and lots of high tables scattered around the dessert area. There were 2 stormtroopers interacting with party guests

We could also use the cantina area and the outside courtyard.
The desserts were ok - including lots of themed mini cupcakes and some savoury options. Best thing was the frozen Nutella truffle - lush! There was also a huge bread pudding brought out.
The line at the bar didn't get too bad throughout thanks to the 2 CM s with trays of pre-poured drinks.

The pictures of the fireworks are on my "real" camera which hopefully I'll get edited and uploaded soon.
The fireworks were fabulous. We were matched out by the storm troopers to the reserved viewing area and given chewbacca steins (which were massive!). well worth being in a central position to get the full effect of the fireworks, projections, flames, lasers and sound.
Heading out with the crowd, a young lad was waiting with his dad near the exit. His mouth dropped when he saw my Chewie stein and said "wow - look.at that". I asked him if he liked Star Wars (he did) so asked his dad if he'd like it? I had no use for it and it would take valuable Yankee candle space in my case. One happy star wars fan and my good deed for the trip 👍

I caught the boat back to the Swan and walked back across the bridge to the Boardwalk - just in time to see the Epcot fireworks.

Thursday was a food and wine day. Walked to Epcot this morning, now I knew how close it was.

I had a really chilled out time wandering the booths and using my sampler package tokens

Venison...

Dole whip - with rum!

... and rain!

It was a beautiful day - and I got to ride Frozen with no tech issues. Quite nicely done but I certainly wouldn't ride standby.

Frozen mojito - Islands of the Caribbean Marketplace Booth.
Making good use of my sampler package 😁

..and back to the Boardwalk. The place is really photo-worthy, even with a phone.

I spent a pleasant hour sat with a club sandwich from the bakery and a coffee out on the Boardwalk.
Set my camera up on a table and watched first the DHS fireworks and then moved around to watch the Epcot ones.
I could really get used to starting here but unfortunately it was only for 2 nights and tomorrow I was off to Sapphire Falls

Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 16, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

The Boardwalk is a lovely area.
Old 4 Oct 16, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your room looks lovely and a nice mooch round Epcot

Joan
Old 6 Oct 16, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Love that resort!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 16, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Some nice nibbles around the World Showcase.
Old 11 Oct 16, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Orlandobelle - 11 Oct 16 3:28 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Lovely photos love the boardwalk, it's really pretty.