Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 28 Apr 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Hopefully the link below will be the trip report from last year. For food I always use Trip Advisor - you can define area, price and cuisine and 'Save Trip'. I typically have about 60 restaurants on it, but if you're driving, it makes sense to have a couple of good options in each town as we're never really sure what time we'll be in town and/or hungry.

Trip index Cape Coral, Orlando, Keys
archibald

just read your Trippie, thoroughly enjoyed it and as given me some ideas, quick question where is Robert is here
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Nothing useful to contribute but I noticed you are planning on going to Marathon Key. We spent one night here when we did a bit of a road trip way back in the last Millennia and it was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in (and I've stayed in a few cheap places in my time). It actually made my skin crawl. I believe it may have been the place that the term "flea pit" was created for.

I can't remember the name of the place as I have tried to erase it from my memory but thank God it was only one night that we booked for.

I'm sure wherever you stay will be better and the area itself is lovely.
thanks Burgermiester, we are staying at Captain Pips marina and hideaway, does this ring any bells?
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Robert is Here is here 19200 SW 344 ST Homestead 33034 - mile marker 127

It's on my list as a stopping place down to the Keys too!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

many thanks Anji, will put that in the sat nav.
Old 5 May 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

All if you had a spare day, where would you stay between Clearwater - Naples for one night?
Old 5 May 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Spare night probably look at Sanibel or Captiva, worth a look.
Sunshine Skyway Bridge is a must 275.
Naples Free fishing at the pier (you will need your own rod n reel but can buy bait there)saw a small hammerhead get caught last time we were there. Always see dolphins off the pier and sometimes manatees,5th Ave and 3rd St full of restaraunts, tin city worth a look.

On your way to Marathon you must stop off at Robbies (Islamorada) and feed the Tarpon (put in google), At Marathon visit the Turtle Hospital it was really educational. I went fishing and caught sharks, biggest 250lb , Dolphin research centre .

Key West ,just go with the flow, Mallory square, Duvall st, Southernmost Point,can get quite lively.
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Lad View Post
thanks Burgermiester, we are staying at Captain Pips marina and hideaway, does this ring any bells?
That's where we stayed Yorkshire lad ,only one night,was a bit hard to find tbh basic but ok,then did 3 nights at Key West.
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Ahh, spare day and night. Either Bradenton and breakfast at Holme Beach (all you can eat pancakes) followed by a visit to the Ringling Museum at Sarasota. We've had the breakfast but have not been to the museum.

Or Venice. The kids would probably prefer to spend the day on Caspersen Beach looking for fossilized sharks teeth.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

And if you want a nice shiny diner to visit, google Mel's Diner - it's a small chain of restaurants around Fort Myers/Naples that have a of an old fashioned feel, and do an amazing Mile High Coconut Pie.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Many Thanks all, Keep adding to my list of things to do and see, quite like the look of Sanibel, will let you know when all finalised what we plan to do.