Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Sep 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

If your a lawyer then you will know that the agents, especially in the US, have probably had contracts written with many clauses to eliminate risks of being sued. This will be covered by the fact the owners have sold the property so it is beyond their control.

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
I am a lawyer (although not in Florida) and you are entitled to damages as a result of the contract breech. That said, by the time you recover them, especially of you have to go to court, this trip and perhaps a couple of others will have come and gone.

I would ask for an immediate refund but also note what your damages have been. This means you have to have some idea what another villa will cost. And remember, Orlando has an excess of rental property. I have done many last minute trips, on site and off, and always found accommodation.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Have you taken the extremely poor exchange rate into your calculations. If in previous years you paid £1000, then you would be paying more now for that standard of villa.

Originally Posted by wayner View Post
We usually pay around £1000 for a villa but this year we decided to have a newer more modern 4 bed villa with heating which cost us £1800
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Have you taken the extremely poor exchange rate into your calculations. If in previous years you paid £1000, then you would be paying more now for that standard of villa.
If the previous rentals were also 3 weeks then even with the higher exchange rate, that seems very cheap.

As someone pointed out, even £600 week is pretty cheap, and almost ridiculously so if it includes heating. We're looking now for last week of September and not seeing much at that level (and that's without heating).

Edited at 11:10 AM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope you managed to get another villa sorted.

Joan
Old 8 Sep 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nat25
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I can totally sympathise I found out our villa booked with citrus grove was up for sale before we went and luckily for us didn't sell and still isn't we went in July found citrus grove ok to deal with and they did say they would try to find me something else if needed but no guarantees also if you look at there contract I am sure they are covered and legally don't have to offer you anything or for the same price, I also looked at solterra and it look beautiful we strayed in highlands reserve, hope you get sorted either way
California San Clemente 2009, Florida Sunset Lakes 2011, Florida Windsor Palms 2013 & 2014. New York Nov 2014 OMG Florida Again Xmas 2014. Florida Windsor Palms 2016 , July 17 Highlands Reserve/Royal, New York Nov 17
Nat25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
wayner
Excited about Disney

Just to update you all on what happened cgv put us in another villa which was very nice although the pool heat didn't work in a brand new villa which was hard to believe?

Also I've have been looking for a villa for 2019 and to my surprise I see the villa that was supposed to be sold is still available and has booking via cgv and when I looked through the reviews I see a family has left a review for the time we should of been in that villa october 2017 !

So I think I was spun a lie from cgv and the villa was double booked not sold ? And I booked it 18 months in advance
wayner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Just to update you all on what happened cgv put us in another villa which was very nice although the pool heat didn't work in a brand new villa which was hard to believe?

Also I've have been looking for a villa for 2019 and to my surprise I see the villa that was supposed to be sold is still available and has booking via cgv and when I looked through the reviews I see a family has left a review for the time we should of been in that villa october 2017 !

So I think I was spun a lie from cgv and the villa was double booked not sold ? And I booked it 18 months in advance
Wow I'd be annoyed too being spun a lie! Are you going to take it further?
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
wayner
Excited about Disney

Well I did just check on zillow and the property was sold on 1st September 2017 so that part is correct just a shame we had to pay an extra £400 for a different villa
wayner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MDV
Apprentice Imagineer

prob a bit late now, did you have a read of the terms and conditions to see what they are / were liable for? to charge extra at such short notice seems very tight and mean, they should of been doing everything they could to help you out. what are your dates for 2019 if you are still looking to go?
MDV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List