Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 Aug 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

Hawaii Honeymoon - Oct/Nov 18!

Hi Everyone!

With only 50 days to go, I thought it was about time I got started with my pre-trip report.

This trip is a very exciting one, as we are visiting the place at the very top of my bucket list - Hawaii and it's our honeymoon!

Hawaii certainly isn't a cheap place to visit but I think this is probably a once in a lifetime trip. This will be our 5th visit to the US together & our 12th state!

I feel I'm a bit behind with planning this trip, as I've been busy planning our wedding but now that we're married I can focus on getting this trip organised.

Who's Going -

Me - Laura, 28
Husband - Mark, 27

This is us on our wedding day, almost 2 weeks ago!

When We're Going -

18th October to 3rd November 2018.

We will be in Hawaii for 14 nights but due to long flights & time differences we will actually be away for 16 nights.

We tend to book our flights in January, as I find this is when they're cheapest for when we like to travel (Sep/Oct) and this year was no different.

We are flying from Heathrow to LAX, with Virgin & have a 2.5 hour layover here before our next flight to Honolulu (Oahu) with Delta. Our total travel time going out is about 19.5 hours!

Originally our returning flights were also supposed to be via LAX but due to Virgin changing some of their flights we are now gong via Seattle. So, we will be flying from Lihue (Kauai) to Seattle with Delta, where we have a 9 hour layover before returning to Heathrow with Virgin. Total travel time home is around 24 hours!

We booked our flights through Opodo, for £830 each.

I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to the travelling part, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Where We're Going -

It took us a little while to decide which Hawaiian islands we wanted to visit & with 2 weeks we thought it would be best to stick to only 2 islands.

We decided to make Oahu one of our choices, as this will give us the opportunity to visit Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, film locations & a lot of the shops & restaurants that the other islands don't tend to have.

We will be staying in Waikiki on Oahu, for 5 nights.

We were then torn between Kauai & Maui, both look so beautiful. We eventually decided on Kauai, as it's less built up than Oahu & Maui & after seeing photos of the island online, it's exactly what I pictured Hawaii to be like.

We will be staying in Poipu on Kauai, for 9 nights.

I'll be back with another update soon, with what we have booked up so far & what we have planned (once I've actually done some planning!).

Thanks for reading

I've tried to include the costs of as many things as I can, thought this might be helpful to anyone planning a trip in the future.

Updates:

Where We're Staying

What We've Booked - Part 1 - Part 2

What We've Got Planned - Days 1 to 4 - Days 5 to 8 - Days 9 to 13 - Days 14 to 16

Edited at 11:32 AM.
Lolly90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List