Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Aug 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluegirl5353
Trainee Dibber

Harry Potter interactive wand

Hi Dibbers! Does anyone have any info on the interactive wands at Wizzarding World of Harry Potter?
Are they worth it?
Can I buy them anywhere else?
Can I borrow them from friends that have been previously or do they only last so long?

Thanks!x
Bluegirl5353 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Hi. My Wife bought last time. It was a bit fiddly to use and I think it cost more than a standard wand.
I think you might be able to buy wands in the London HP Studio Tour, but it's unlikely they are interactive as (I think) only Florida has the interactive attractions.
Last point is a good one...I'm not sure if they have batteries or are using some other technology to interact (maybe it IS magic ). I certainly don't recall an on/off switch, but I could be wrong.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Crystaljordan
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bluegirl5353 View Post
Hi Dibbers! Does anyone have any info on the interactive wands at Wizzarding World of Harry Potter?
Are they worth it?
Can I buy them anywhere else?
Can I borrow them from friends that have been previously or do they only last so long?

Thanks!x
We took ours back and two of them still worked, we went to the wand shop and they put a new end bit in my sons, didn't charge, so I'm sure you can borrow the proper ones and use.. xx
Crystaljordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My son is taking his back this time after buying his 2 years ago...theres no on or off... theres nothing stopping you borrowing a friends or the other way around- you dont need to register or anything.- you just buy the wand and walk up to an interactive point (window or display)
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

They have a lifetime guarantee I think.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
My ds loves his. He bought it last year and took it back again this year. It fell out the locker at Forbidden journey and ended up in 2 bits. They sent us to one of the shops for a free 'wand repair'. Magically it was good as new!
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Watts5988
Dancing with Tink'

Sorry to gatecrash the thread. My daughter's are talking about getting wands, please can anyone tell me where you purchase these? How much do the interactive cost? Also what do they actually do? Apologies for all the questions
Watts5988 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You can purchase them in the shops in US and their on the carts in the HP areas id US & IOA. We went in April and cost us about $55 including tax

You get a map with the wand with locations throughout HP areas where you stand on a brass plate and cast the spell (move the wand in a specific way) and something magical happens (won't spoil the fun by revealing what)

I'd say success rate for the interactive areas was around 75% but the look on DS9 face when he was the only one to suceed at a spell was priceless.

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween

Edited at 09:28 PM.
Flojo224 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Watts5988
Dancing with Tink'

Thanks for the response. I'm looking forward to seeing this, the girls are so excited. Thanks for the info.👍
Watts5988 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

Mobile

DDs broke and they "magically" fixed it
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List