Old 5 May 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Manchester Airport Hotels

I’m thinking about flying Dub-Man-Mco next summer as with the current Virgin schedule it seems to be the flight that arrives in earliest to MCO on Saturdays. If I did do this I would like to fly to Manchester on Friday evening and stay overnight at an airport hotel.
Are there hotels at the airport similar to LGW where you can just walk across to the terminal?
If not, which hotels are closest to the airport?
And, one more question- do Virgin allow twilight check in at Manchester?

Edited at 02:19 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

The Radisson Blu is the only hotel you could comfortably walk to under cover (situated between terminals 1 & 2 via the Skylink walkway). Other hotels close by that have their own shuttle buses are the Clayton, Hilton and Crowne Plaza. Slightly further away are two excellent Premier Inns (Runger Lane) a short taxi ride (was £6 last year).
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The Radisson is the one with the covered walkway to the terminal.We are actually staying here now and flying tomorrow.. it's a lovely hotel but we spent the last 2 nights in the Premier Inn Runger Lane North which cost £8 in a taxi to the airport,in future I think we'll stick with the Premier Inn as the food with the meal deal was great and the beds are just as comfy as the Radisson.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
The Radisson is the one with the covered walkway to the terminal.We are actually staying here now and flying tomorrow.. it's a lovely hotel but we spent the last 2 nights in the Premier Inn Runger Lane North which cost £8 in a taxi to the airport,in future I think we'll stick with the Premier Inn as the food with the meal deal was great and the beds are just as comfy as the Radisson.
Wow, have a brilliant holiday- just over a year to go to our trip
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Wow, have a brilliant holiday- just over a year to go to our trip
Thank you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Have stayed at the Radisson a couple of times - you cannot beat it for convenience, but you do pay the price (in terms of both the room & the bar / restaurant).

Have done both Premier Inns on Runger Lane (there is a North & South one). Both are very similar, but one side of the North one does face the motorway with associated noise. The air-con in the South one is centrally controlled and you can only limit your room temperature within the few degrees range that the duty manager has decided is appropriate. In my case the temperature was way too hot and I had to go down to reception to insist it was over-ridden so I could cool the room (they offered to increase the temperature at first!)

The Premier Inn to avoid is the Heald Green one. The hotel part is OK, but does not have a lift. The real downside is the adjacent Beefeater - do not go in here. The food service is dreadful & the bar - again, dreadful service - seems to attract a certain element of the locals who are focused on getting very drunk & being very loud. Last time I was in there one of them dropped his pint glass [it smashed], fell off his bar stool & was promptly offered an ice bucket to throw-up into. The staff seemed to have it down to a well rehearsed drill.

The two Runger Lane Premier Inns are pretty remote, so you're highly unlikely to encounter any local "characters". All 3 Premier Inns will book you a taxi to the airport, it's £6 + the £3 dropoff fee at the terminal of your choice. Do beware, some of the taxi drivers will try and pull a fast-one if you share a taxi with someone. I shared with another guest and at dropoff at T2 the driver wanted £6 each as he knew we were not together / from the same room. Suffice it to say "we had words" and unfortunately for the driver, he'd pulled in all but next to a Police van. The offer of asking the policeman's opinion was declined and he settled for just the £6 fare.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
nursielynz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have stayed at the radisson everytime that we have had a flight from Manchester. It’s worth every penny in my eyes esp when your children are so hyper that it’s only a short walk away.
They are very helpful too x
2022 Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2024 Port Orleans Riverside
nursielynz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are planning to stay at Radisson next time as we are going to get dropped off rather than drive.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

For convenience choose the Radisson. For value for money choose Premier Inn. We stay at the Radisson but are considering going Premier Inn next time just to get some perspective on it.
Old 5 May 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Now virgin are doing twilight check in it makes a lot of sense to stay at the radisson as you can wander down and then back up.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List