Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
smi
Excited about Disney

Arrow Details for NEW Disney Park Reservation System

https://thedibb.com/2020/06/walt-dis...been-released/

Thought this may be useful information

Edited at 04:21 PM.
smi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Poohbear62
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you. I just read that this system goes live on 22nd June.
Poohbear62 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
So getting rid of free magic bands for resort guests now as well.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Here's the bit about the free Magic Bands being "retired" from Jan 1st 2021:
"As you begin planning your upcoming visits, we’re also exploring engaging ways for guests to use their mobile tech to experience the magic – particularly now as the use of phones and apps continues to evolve. In 2021, we plan to unveil an innovative new offering as part of the My Disney Experience app that will bring features of a MagicBand to your smart devices, building on the app’s existing digital key feature. With this new offering on the horizon, we will be retiring our complimentary MagicBand distribution to Disney Resort hotel guests for new reservations with arrivals beginning Jan. 1, 2021. Disney Resort hotel guests will continue to have the option to purchase new MagicBands at a discount, and we’ll be introducing even more colors and designs featuring favorite Disney characters in the future. Guests who prefer not to purchase a discounted MagicBand will be able to use the My Disney Experience app or a Key to the World card during their visit. We will still offer MagicBands in retail locations and on shopDisney.com, and guests will be able to continue using the wearables throughout Walt Disney World Resort."

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So not sure if I'm reading this right... It states that for people planning a new reservation in 2021 the system will already have next years dates for people wanting to reserve their park days.
So for a march trip I would need to have a booking / tickets linked up ready to go by the 22nd?! Oh geez. This will be like hunger games!
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
So getting rid of free magic bands for resort guests now as well.
So I assume you will have to open your hotel room door with your smart phone / use a key to the world card like they did before magic bands.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Reddevil99
Excited about Disney

Surely they have to implement a scenario where you can reserve your park days so many days out like adrs/fast pass otherwise effectively first come first served
Reddevil99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Reddevil99 View Post
Surely they have to implement a scenario where you can reserve your park days so many days out like adrs/fast pass otherwise effectively first come first served
This was my thought , it will be a total nightmare otherwise. I can see websites crashing all sorts of issues! Doesn't seem to be worded that way though.
Old 19 Jun 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
So I assume you will have to open your hotel room door with your smart phone / use a key to the world card like they did before magic bands.
I think they are upgrading MDE in the New Year to basically give it all the Magic Band functionality, you can already open doors with it but presumably it means MDE will also be used for park entry and (when it returns) FP. That's how I read it.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smi
Excited about Disney

Just found this as well

disneyworld/experi...3wo0618200010A
smi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List