Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Dibb experts - what would you do if you were me

Looking for some dibb expert advice. We were due to go 2016 (never made it due to zika) and then 2020 but not going due to corona. We booked flights with va but due to airport change entitled to a refund (booking has disappeared so assume will get it eventually) we also have pofq with Disney and 5 nights dvc rental paid for.

As we are first timers with a 6 and 3 year old we want the full on Disney experience. Debating whether to move the current booking with Disney to 2021 and try and keep gift card as the lovely dibber with dvc said we can cancel and re use dvc by sept 2021. Obviously if we don’t we lose the 800 quid dvc money.

If you were us is it worth going in 2021 maybe part dvc and part Disney again or even offsite? Or would you just lose the dvc money and wait for the future? I don’t want to lose money but obviously we are going to spend thousands more if we do go! I guess dvc and off-site is also an option for us next year too.

Really torn between moving my current Disney booking and then maybe doing fly drive deposit flights or just sacking t all off. I’ve been planning our first visit since 2016 lol

I know lots have been many times but if you were first timers with young kids what would you do

Thanks
Old 20 Jun 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

As a first timer I would get a refund and go in 2022. We aren’t first timers and are waiting until 2022 as we want the parks to be back to normal as much as possible.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
As a first timer I would get a refund and go in 2022. We aren’t first timers and are waiting until 2022 as we want the parks to be back to normal as much as possible.
Thanks my only thing with 2022 is we lose the 800 quid dvc. I’m still holding on to some hope that 2021 may get better lol
Old 20 Jun 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Same here. I went last year and the year before and don't want those memories tainted so am leaving it a couple of years. I'd be doing the same if I hadn't been as it's a lot of money to not get the full experience.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I have had to cancel our booking for August, we are DVC owners and as this was a special holiday we were using 2019 and 2020 points.

We have decided to go next August, on the assumption that things will have opened up more than they will be in the next month or two, however, nobody knows it is all guess work.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would look at worst case scenarios and decide whether you are happy with them. For example, are you happy to lose Disney and do other things (beach/universal) if you can’t get park bookings or don’t feel it’s safe in the parks closer to departure?

Are you happy to fly / be in parks if the safety measures (masks/temperature taking etc) are still the same when you go?

If you don’t feel it’s safe to fly nearer the time or can’t get park bookings, are you happy to cancel at that point and lose deposit/dvc at that point.

Weigh up how you feel about each scenario as everyone will have different aversion to risk.

We booked fly drive for April deposit only. Balance due March. Free cancellation hotels booked and can always book villa last minute.

We were hoping to do Beach, Disney & universal. As offsite guests, at the moment we would need tickets paid in full to pre book Disney parks from next week. Paying £3k for tickets now for next April not knowing what the experience will look like is a risk too far for us! We will play it by ear and see where things are closer to the time. If we don’t feel safe we won’t go and lose our £300 deposit or go and spend our holiday on the gulf coast, we can live with that as our children are older and will enjoy beach time, exploring the coast.
Old 20 Jun 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Great advice thanks. If we cancel now we lose dvc and get back Disney deposit. If we transfer to 2021 we can see how it pans out over the coming months - if we don’t go we lose Disney deposit and dvc.

Right now it doesn’t feel like we have much to lose by transferring to 2021 and we can see how the coming months affect things. At least if things improve then we do have a booking in place with Disney.

Just unsure when to go - how bad is August school holidays?
Old 20 Jun 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We’re going August 2021, it’s so far away I wouldn’t even think about face masks etc. We’re going the last two weeks of August, it’s quieter because the Americans are back at school
Old 20 Jun 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The earliest we're going back is November next year, hopefully by then things will have settled down a bit.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We’re planning our first family holiday (DH and I have each visited separately when we were younger) and we’ve decided to wait until 2022. We want the dream holiday we’d planned, and we think there’s too much possibility that next year could still see restrictions - obviously so could 2022, but we want to go while the children are still children!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List