Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Sep 16, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

We haven't visited Orlando since Uber have been around but if you search for Uber fare calculator, there is a website where you can enter your starting point and destination and it will work out a rough price for you.

The buses aren't as complicated as they sound once you get used to them! We stayed at Rosen International on our last 2 trips and used the Lynx buses to get to WDW most days, the stop is right outside the hotel. The key to avoiding the 2 hour journeys is to get hold of the timetable before you go. The longest that the journey ever took us was 1 hr 30 (usually nearer an hour).

Also, remember that if you decide to use the hotel shuttle, it wont get you there much quicker as it picks up at other hotels en route.

Edited at 11:10 AM.
ally1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Brilliant thanks for that information
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Doogie1979 View Post
Brilliant thanks for that information

Are you really really sure that you won't hire a car ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thinking about that too to be honest, is it easier? And probably the same price by the looks of things with more freedom. Need an 8 seater though as we r two family's 1 driver
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Doogie1979 View Post
Thinking about that too to be honest, is it easier? And probably the same price by the looks of things with more freedom. Need an 8 seater though as we r two family's 1 driver
I would hire a car every day of the week. You'll find opinions on both sides on here though - although usually many more in the 'car' camp as it does open up your world a lot. I would say a car is essential in a villa, useful staying on i-drive and less useful staying on property.

You do need to factor in parking though - parking at the theme parks might cost you a similar amount to an uber trip.

Petrol is stupidly cheap and driving there is easy (many people on here comment that they find it easier than in the UK).
fl-veteran is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayrep
slightly serious Dibber

holidayrep's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yep I would 100% hire a car. It can be a little daunting the first day and you do need to take into account the cost of parking at theme parks which is expensive. But it's the freedom it gives you.

We went to do a mix of things in one day, so might start at the parks then head to Walmart for a bit. Then off to the pool then out for dinner.

for me i would price up car v uber. I just couldn't be bothered getting buses everywhere on holiday.
Old 7 Sep 16, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by holidayrep View Post
for me i would price up car v uber. I just couldn't be bothered getting buses everywhere on holiday.
100% agree with this. If I didn't have a car then it would be Uber for me (or maybe a hotel with a free shuttle but... probably not...).
fl-veteran is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

DD home today, washing machine on 3rd load
She said they used the free shuttle to the universal parks, paid $17 dollars each for return to MK and lynx bus the rest of the time.
She did say she would buy i ride tickets as well next time as the lynx busses were less frequent on international drive.
Despite the long journey time to the Disney parks ( 2hr on 1 occasion) she said she would hesitate to hire a car next time due to the high cost of parking/hire charges.
I was surprised as previously we have gone as a family with hire car and she loses the plot when she's without her own car when it's in for service
Uber sounds like a good idea but they are 20 yrs and unsure of it's safety, will look into it for next time.
They said hotel was in a great location & staff were nice.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 16, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by storm View Post
Uber sounds like a good idea but they are 20 yrs and unsure of it's safety, will look into it for next time.
It seems very well thought about by the people on here who use it.
Old 8 Sep 16, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread