Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Sep 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DorsetSeasider
Proud to wear my Ears

AVIS at MCO

Hello all, we are heading out for our second trip to Orlando next year with BA and have pre-booked a hire car as part of the package which is provided by AVIS. I am a Preferred user through work anyway and have included those details in the booking. When we went to Orlando last time, we flew in to Sanford where after going to the hire car desk we were sent out to the car park where after slipping the guy some dollars an upgraded car was given to us. What happens at MCO, are you given the keys and sent to a numbered bay ?
DorsetSeasider is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Your name should be on an electronic board; just look for your name which will show your row number and bay number, keys will be in the car. Drive out and before you exit the car will be scanned by an employee - show your license, they will give you a receipt and off you go. Very easy. If your name is not on the board, head to the preferred booth in the car park. Either way, ignore the car hire desks in the terminal building.
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
border terrier
Apprentice Imagineer

We used them this year waited over 40 minutes for a car to come in and they tried to slap an extra $170 on for taxes luckily I know what they can be like and got them to take the charges off.Customer service was non existing did not apologies or explain what was going on that was as a preferred customer.First time using them in Florida and will be my last.
Old 10 Sep 16, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by border terrier View Post
We used them this year waited over 40 minutes for a car to come in and they tried to slap an extra $170 on for taxes luckily I know what they can be like and got them to take the charges off.Customer service was non existing did not apologies or explain what was going on that was as a preferred customer.First time using them in Florida and will be my last.
Unfortunately this is becoming more common with hire car companies trying to fleece customers.
Latest I've experienced is 7/8 tank fuel hoping you don't notice, €20 ching!
Clean car except for one wheel, which is kerbed and not recorded on the sheet, $200 ching!
This is in addition to the usual extra insurance.

Be careful out there people.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
fynnon
Excited about Disney

fynnon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had no problem at all at Avis Tampa last week, just go the kiosk in the garage and drive out...simples. They offered us a choice when we got there, a toyota Camry, a Nissan and a Dodge Malibu, we went for the malibu, we also took the return empty option which was (I think) $28, it worked for us as last time were going around in circles trying to find a petrol station near to the airport. We had no extra charges added and the car was absolutely filthy on return as we drove in what ended up being the beginning of hurricane Hermine.
1990 HoJo 192 ,1994 MIC Lakefront ,1997 Bass Lakes villa,2005 Formosa gdns villa,2007 Marriot courtyard, Vineland ,2009 HoJo 192 ,2011 Rosen @ Pointe Orlando, 2014. Rosen @ pointe Orlando.2015 Venice/sarasota Shingle Creek/Venice 2016.

fynnon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Also never had any problems with Avis after 4 rentals, 5th next week. For every person who has a problem, 100s will be hassle free. Same for all hire companies. Just have your wits about you when collecting and dropping off.
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
border terrier
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 View Post
Also never had any problems with Avis after 4 rentals, 5th next week. For every person who has a problem, 100s will be hassle free. Same for all hire companies. Just have your wits about you when collecting and dropping off.
Totally agree used Avis at various places never had a problem till this visit. Once you have a bad experience it puts you off and it was a bad start to the holiday.
But as you say as long as you have your wits about you.
Old 10 Sep 16, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DorsetSeasider
Proud to wear my Ears

OK, thanks all, it sounds like it should be a fairly simple process. Used to checking car condition with hire cars against the paperwork. Don't intend to give them any additional cash!
DorsetSeasider is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread