Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jun 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just paid £791 for 2 x 11 nights qsdp with Virgin. We do not find it hard having a breakfast and a evening meal each plus the 2 snacks a day plus a resort mug. We are 2 females 18 and 55. Granted we will have a few snack credits left at the end of the holiday we use these for sweets to take home. We find by booking QSDP we know we’re we are up to money wise, I know others will disagree but each to their own.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
Just paid £791 for 2 x 11 nights qsdp with Virgin. We do not find it hard having a breakfast and a evening meal each plus the 2 snacks a day plus a resort mug. We are 2 females 18 and 55. Granted we will have a few snack credits left at the end of the holiday we use these for sweets to take home. We find by booking QSDP we know we’re we are up to money wise, I know others will disagree but each to their own.
I think dining plans can be an excellent way of pre paying and therefore not having to worry about food costs. I’ve gone back and forth on this since we booked. I’m determined though to see how we get on without any dining plans. It’s a bit of an experiment and it may be that we save money but the worry about what we’re spending on food outweighs any financial benefit. If that’s the case I’ll know dining plans are the way to go in the future for us.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Not on any plan as I only booked this am for sept 2018
Last time we got refillable mugs and a loaf of bread from wallmart which we toasted in the food halls and used their butter and jam which lasted us about 5 days. So that's breakfast covered 😁
Will get by on a snack at lunch then decide on ts or qs that evening
Ahh sorry, I misread that you were booking for Sept 2019 so would have qualified for free dining. But sounds like you've got your plan sorted as I would do it.

And paying OOP means you can visit a lot of the restaurants I actually don't recommend on DDP since they're poor value when trying to recoup the dining plan costs - basically anything in Disney Springs, for example. Or going to California Grill and eating from their amazing starter menu for reasonable prices instead of the (IMO) boring mains.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List