Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Mar 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We get milkshakes from the drive through - they used to do half price in the afternoon, hope they still do.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Pepsibubbles View Post
We have always had table service here ? Has it changed since we was there in September ?
No sorry, we most probably are wrong and they did take the booking at the table.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 8 Mar 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Better than McDonalds and Burger King but not a patch on Wendys
Old 8 Mar 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
We tried it for the first time last year and thought it was excellent. I had a milkshake with brownies in it and it was so good. Really enjoyed my burger and fries too, it was less than $4 for my meal, not sure how much the milkshake was.
Old 9 Mar 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
florenceandmary
Getting Excited

We tried Steak n Shake for the first time last year and loved it. We got takeaway from the Lake Buena Vista branch where we were staying

florenceandmary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We went for the first time last summer. The food was ok, when we finally got it! I can't remember which one we were at, I am terrible at locations, sorry. We went in, it was quite quiet and we were seated quickly. People who came in after us were served first. We were eventually served, but even after that the milkshakes took forever to arrive, we had to ask about them. We still hadn't had our food and we had finished the milkshakes (drinking slooowly to pass the time). People who came in after us, drank ate, paid and left and we still had no food. Enquired a couple of times, told it was on it's way. Eventually when it did finally arrive, the burgers were OK but the fries were stone cold. Our waitress didn't enquire about our meal, we called her over again to mention the fries, she went and got more. We never complain, but I'm not joking, this was seriously bad. Took ages to pay the bill, our waitress kept just disappearing. We were in there about 2 hours! DH was about to blow his top and needless to say we will never go back there. I'm sure it must have been an isolated incident, but really, worst service we have ever had in Florida, in fact probably anywhere.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
It is cheap and cheerful but the food is good for the price you pay, I would go here any day but never consider a McDonald's. We can have a breakfast for $12 for 2 of us whereas the likes of Ponderous is now $20++
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

This is my favourite cheap meal in Orlando and waaayyyyy better than McDonalds IMO. I think they do a kids eat free offer during certain times of the day

Just to add, if you get chance to try the birthday cake shake then do, it's absolutely fab!
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018

Edited at 09:56 PM.
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

We love steak and shake, cheap meals, $4 for about a dozen different burgers and chips. Gorgeous milkshakes which are half price early afternoons and a real Americana vibe to the place. Nice breakfasts to and if you get chance try going 1-6am and they do a giant 7x7 burger with 7 patties. Steak and shake offer great value for money at any time you go.
If you live up north there is now one opened in Chester city center, it isn't quite the same and the milkshakes aren't a patch on the US version but it gives you a Florida hit on a cold wet northern day.

Edited at 10:11 PM. Reason: spelling
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Tried it for the first time last year and we were impressed for the money.
Posh Mcdonalds (lot fresher it felt) and great shakes.