Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Sep 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile Disappointed with Manny's 192 :(

Went to Manny's on the 192 in August and although we've enjoyed the atmosphere there previously and had ok meals at both locations over the years we won't be rushing back. DH ordered the Prime Rib Beef, he wanted it medium but would have probably eaten it any of the ways on the menu. Instead it was absolutely raw and like jelly so we sent it back. The waiter agreed. The meat was brought back out and was still totally undercooked. Again the waiter agreed and took it back leaving dh to eat his veg. The manager came over to see if all was ok and we made him aware the prime rib was not cooked twice. He offered more veg but dh didn't want more veg. When it came back again the manager claimed it was medium so god knows what it was in the first place! He said he'd put it back on the grill but by this point dh didn't want it, it still didn't look good. You can't cook a steak 3 or 4 times it'd be tough! My meal was nice as was dd's but we were put off by the fact we were eating and dh wasn't. It was removed from the bill but not mentioned to us by the manager so think it was our poor waiter who actually sorted that. We still tipped based on the overall value as our waiter was good and we didn't want him to miss out.
So disappointing as dd has always liked drawing on the tables and I liked it in there, but service and food seems to be hit and miss and has definitely gone downhill. Last time we went in February my French Onion soup was overdone on top, the burgers aren't great and thinking about it my steak last summer was more rare than medium well and should have gone back. Think we'll stick to Outback as had great service there.
Old 9 Sep 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were also disappointed with our only trip to Manny's on 192 in February - nowhere near as nice as Haines City where we've not really had a poor experience in around 15 visits.

Longhorn and Texas remain our steakhouse favourites though.

Mick
Old 9 Sep 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We drive past Mannys and go Texas Roadhouse, the only thing we miss ( a little ) is the salad
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

The only thing I would say is that the prime rib is slow roast over several hours and so is usually served rare/med rare.

No excuse for them not rectifying properly the first time though
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

Brilliant meal last year year, this year couldn't even get the knife through the steak which was meant to be medium, won't be back escpecially as not just round the corner
Old 9 Sep 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
The only thing I would say is that the prime rib is slow roast over several hours and so is usually served rare/med rare.

No excuse for them not rectifying properly the first time though
Agreed, Prime Rib is not a steak and can't really be cooked to order. However they can usually give you an end piece that is cooked more. If not they should have told you and given you the option of a cooked to order steak instead.

Probably best not to order Prime Rib or roast beef if you don't like at least medium rare. Americans generally don't have it cooked totally through like in Britain.
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

I've always thought Mannys way over rated at Haines City, nice but not worth driving by many equal or better steakhouse to go to it.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
I've always thought Mannys way over rated at Haines City, nice but not worth driving by many equal or better steakhouse to go to it.
I vowed never to go back to Haines City after we were kept waiting for a very long time even though we'd called ahead. They were clearly seating locals that they knew on arrival which I don't mind to a certain extent as you should look after your regular customers, but it became ridiculous. There was only three of us as well, it's not like we were a big party.

I was persuaded to take some friends there on another visit so I insisted we went early - no problems with seating this time, but my steak was poor and of course it's all very well complaining but it messes up the meal for everyone else. I mentioned it at the end but the server was totally unconcerned.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

We agree we didn't enjoy it last year so will give it a miss when we go in October
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
I vowed never to go back to Haines City after we were kept waiting for a very long time even though we'd called ahead. They were clearly seating locals that they knew on arrival which I don't mind to a certain extent as you should look after your regular customers, but it became ridiculous. There was only three of us as well, it's not like we were a big party.

I was persuaded to take some friends there on another visit so I insisted we went early - no problems with seating this time, but my steak was poor and of course it's all very well complaining but it messes up the meal for everyone else. I mentioned it at the end but the server was totally unconcerned.
I'd have changed the unconcerned attitude to one of total concern when he saw the tip ( or lack of ) I'd left him/her.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List