Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jun 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We tend to use our QSDP credit for breakfast at the resort, could be get a bottle of beer and take it back to the room to have in the evening, or does it have to be drunk with your meal?

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by zdickens View Post
We tend to use our QSDP credit for breakfast at the resort, could be get a bottle of beer and take it back to the room to have in the evening, or does it have to be drunk with your meal?
It used to be opened at the till but I have read on another thread that this is not the case now. It appears that some have bought their alcohol with a meal and taken it back to use later. So, you should be able to buy alcohol at breakfast to drink later that evening (or at breakfast if you really wish &#128512.

Edited at 08:48 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
It used to be opened at the till but I have read on another thread that this is not the case now. It appears that some have bought their alcohol with a meal and taken it back to use later. So, you should be able to buy alcohol at breakfast to drink later that evening (or at breakfast if you really wish &#128512.
Thanks for that, not sure I could drink alcohol at breakfast!

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mylittleminion
Helping Minnie

we went last month and the food courts esp had lots of choice for alcoholic beverages. To get it as a qs credit it needs to be purchased as the drink part of a meal You can get alcohol at every meal time including breakfast though not before 11am on a sunday. I had a few drinks for the food court at our resort and none were opened at the till I ended up taking them back to my room to drink later though not sure you can do that in the parks. The signs say up to 2 drinks per adult with id though I was never asked.

MK has the least amount of alcoholic options even in the TS resturants

For the person who asked you can get the magical star cocktail which is really nice but its only on Ts meals

not the best pic but this was the alcohol fridge at our resort -everything other than the bottles of wine were on the qsdp
]

there were various budwiser's, largers, single serve wine cups, margarita, ciders

Edited at 10:09 AM.
Mylittleminion is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Theoretically QS credits belong to the room .
If you wanted to eat seperately e.g. Go get two QS meals with two drinks , then go elsewhere and get two more meals with two more drinks for the kids to eat it would work as you'd be showing 2 IDs in two seperate restaurants but it'd eat into park time ... and kids might not be too apply to wait to eat just so Mum and Dad can get an extra beer (plus they'd lose their drinks with their meal and would only have ice water unless you are in a resort food court and can use your mugs).
It seems an awful lot of faff (and a bit of a weird message to give teens about alcohol) and time wasting just to get a couple of free beers at the expense of enjoying a meal as a family.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Theoretically QS credits belong to the room .
If you wanted to eat seperately e.g. Go get two QS meals with two drinks , then go elsewhere and get two more meals with two more drinks for the kids to eat it would work as you'd be showing 2 IDs in two seperate restaurants but it'd eat into park time ... and kids might not be too apply to wait to eat just so Mum and Dad can get an extra beer (plus they'd lose their drinks with their meal and would only have ice water unless you are in a resort food court and can use your mugs).
It seems an awful lot of faff (and a bit of a weird message to give teens about alcohol) and time wasting just to get a couple of free beers at the expense of enjoying a meal as a family.
Have to agree, I like my gin and tonic but I’m pretty sure an alcoholic drink at lunchtime in the Florida heat, especially in a park, with kids would send me to bed for the afternoon.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List