Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 May 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by kzrr02 View Post
Quick question... When is the best time to book car hire? We are going Sept 2019.
99% of companies will not allow you to book more than a year out. I would book Sept this year.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
undercovermouse
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Just a quick note in case it helps, I booked with VH on the phone and I only had to pay 25% up front, the rest is payable, I think, 12 weeks before your actual trip. (I needed to book 22 days and the website didn't allow it, so found out by accident when I called them)
undercovermouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
99% of companies will not allow you to book more than a year out. I would book Sept this year.
Thank you MR TM x
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 05:30 AM  
Link to this Post
kcanderson
Imagineer

Just to say when booking through V holidays i dont think you can cancel without penalty unlike virgin atlantic , could be a pain if the price drops
kcanderson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kcanderson View Post
Just to say when booking through V holidays i dont think you can cancel without penalty unlike virgin atlantic , could be a pain if the price drops
From Virgin Holidays website:-

99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by undercovermouse View Post
Just a quick note in case it helps, I booked with VH on the phone and I only had to pay 25% up front, the rest is payable, I think, 12 weeks before your actual trip. (I needed to book 22 days and the website didn't allow it, so found out by accident when I called them)
We did this,if we'd booked with Brits we'd have had to pay fully, mind you I paid in full for flights in March 17 for this year...

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi again, when trying to book , Virgin are asking for main driver details, however there is also a message saying that the main driver should have a credit card in their name. I will be the additional driver and the booking and credit card is in my name . Will this be ok ? Should i maybe book in a Virgin shop instead for reassurance ? Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by vonid123 View Post
Hi again, when trying to book , Virgin are asking for main driver details, however there is also a message saying that the main driver should have a credit card in their name. I will be the additional driver and the booking and credit card is in my name . Will this be ok ? Should i maybe book in a Virgin shop instead for reassurance ? Thanks
I always book the car in my name. The credit card is in my name. However if my Son is with us there is more chance of me flying to the moon than driving the car as he has the keys away in the airport garage!

Thats perfectly acceptable as he is a named driver. It matters not who drives when as long as both drivers are listed on the rental agreement. That is done at online check in stage so I appear as the renter and later on I add him.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you 😀 do you do online check in and skip the queue with Sanford airport as well ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by vonid123 View Post
Thank you 😀 do you do online check in and skip the queue with Sanford airport as well ?
Sadly Sanford is not a 'skip the counter' location. Always do OLCI though as it hugely speeds up the process and Virgin have a very easy to use didicated link that will be in your paperwork. Takes you straight to the correct page on the Alamo website.

At Sanford you hopefully can use the kiosks - if they are working! If not head for the desks and then go outside and pick a car so it's not much different to Orlando airport but sadly there is another layer to be gone through.