Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 May 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
I really hope they don't try and pack double the people into the same space.

I've booked the before party for June 2nd on the basis of a nice relaxed time eating desserts and ease of finding a good spot in the garden.

If it turns out the garden is already full of people going to the after party then I definitely won't be happy.
It sounds like that is exactly what they are looking to do. Really annoyed with this. The dessert parties aren't cheap, but I don't mind paying for it for the lack of crowds (I find the desserts are not very nice). If they're packing more folk in, not sure I see the point in booking it. I might cancel.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I mentioned recently that it was only a matter of time before Disney clicked that Plaza Gardens if a better viewing location and tried to milk more money from it.

I'm now also debating moving our booking to the After Party as it will allow us to eat a QS dinner first.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I sent them an email to query whether they were extending the area. What a load of rubbish I got back. Do they even know what they’re selling. Basically she was telling me that there is Plaza Gardens viewing and seated patio viewing, and they don’t interfere with each other. She doesn’t seem to have any idea that they’re starting a After Fireworks party in the Plaza Gardens😡
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
I sent them an email to query whether they were extending the area. What a load of rubbish I got back. Do they even know what they’re selling. Basically she was telling me that there is Plaza Gardens viewing and seated patio viewing, and they don’t interfere with each other. She doesn’t seem to have any idea that they’re starting a After Fireworks party in the Plaza Gardens😡
Unfortunately, this is often the case. You'd think they'd brief their customer service staff, but roll out of new events seems to be really patchy. I really don't know what to do.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
I've just seen this too and really annoyed! We booked for July with friends for their birthday so we could relax and watch HEA in an uncrowded way! 😭. Doubling the amount of people is really annoying! Loads of complaints online about it! Disney food blog says they will try and update after it starts on the 28th May! Don't know what to do now . They've changed the food too by the look of it? Not sure I like the sound of what they have said! 😢
Old 22 May 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I've just seen this too and really annoyed! We booked for July with friends for their birthday so we could relax and watch HEA in an uncrowded way! 😭. Doubling the amount of people is really annoying! Loads of complaints online about it! Disney food blog says they will try and update after it starts on the 28th May! Don't know what to do now . They've changed the food too by the look of it? Not sure I like the sound of what they have said! 😢
From what I understand the “before” party food is staying the same, it’s just different for the “after” party
Old 23 May 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by catki11 View Post
From what I understand the “before” party food is staying the same, it’s just different for the “after” party
I read both parties will have an up dated menu more savoury snacks added and themed desserts?

Going to wait for the first reviews to decide what to do, but £200 for a relaxed viewing area is just about ok! But not a crush!
Old 23 May 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
It is updated that it is a limited number of slots available to the new after party to stop overcrowding.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Will the 'after party' people be able to get into the viewing area before the 'before party' people? That's my main issue.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I read both parties will have an up dated menu more savoury snacks added and themed desserts?

Going to wait for the first reviews to decide what to do, but £200 for a relaxed viewing area is just about ok! But not a crush!
Oh I’d not read that! My OH would welcome more savoury items, he loved the cheeses but found it odd there weren’t any crackers. They already have the macarons and pineapple desserts but it’ll be interesting to try some of the new items.

I’m glad to hear they’re limiting the numbers, as like you, I pay more for the viewing space and not being crushed rather than the desserts! I’m sure there will be plenty of reviews once it’s up and running!