Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Jun 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I am thinking about cancelling right now but the menu really appeals! I just love sushi and pancakes
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I would happily go to CG brunch twice in one trip. But I really really really love CG brunch (been there 3 times so far and it’s one of the best meals I’ve had in the world). You can always keep the second ADR and cancel it (at least 24 hours in advance) if you feel that you don’t want to go a second time.

I generally rope drop DHS (because of Sunday AM EMH), get a few rides in, then head to brunch. I wear a nice dress (but generally wear dresses in the parks anyway), and don’t feel underdressed at all. In terms of the heat - yes you can overheat a bit in the parks in the morning, but it’s not that bad as you should be leaving the parks before noon when the midday heat really kicks in...
Old 15 Jun 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

If my adr is 11:30 what time would you leave?
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
If my adr is 11:30 what time would you leave?
10.30. I usually budget an hour to get anywhere on Disney property. The bus itself is only about 20 minutes or so (it stops at WL first), but you also have to factor in wait time for the bus if you happen to just miss one... plus time to exit DHS and walk to the Contemporary bus stop, and to get from the Contemporary bus stop up to the CG check in desk.
Old 15 Jun 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

We did CG brunch on our last full day. 11am adr and we were staying at Yacht. We did our packing early in the morning..bus to TTC and walk up to Contemporary. Spent 90 minutes at brunch..but took our dessert plate to go as we’d used our goodwill by then with our young kids, lol. It’s easily a 2-3 hour meal. I had pancakes which were the best pancakes I’ve ever had. And hubby had eggs Benedict with salmon again amazing. I can’t wait to repeat it if I’m honest, best meal ive ever had at Disney. Afterwards we went back to Yacht to finish packing and go in the pool before spending our last late afternoon, evening and night at MK where we did the dessert party. Wonderful final day
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Sounds pretty amazing! I haven't read any other event/restaurant with such consistently good reviews.
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

We go in December and there's nothing available for the first Sunday we are there, but I will keep looking and try for the following week.
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have it booked for 10.30 and our plan is to rope drop MK for an hour first and then walk there. I usually wear dresses in the parks anyway, and I would hope not to get too sweaty in just one hour!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I guess driving i also an option for us
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I guess driving i also an option for us
Valet parking is included in the meal cost. Presume this will apply to onsite guests too to enable them to leave their car for the day at Contemporary
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List