Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jun 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Disney quick service meal plan

Do we don't we
Been looking at qsdp at around £1000 for 2 adults
Trying to work out if this is good value by staying on the parks and eating rather than hiring a car for 2 weeks and going off the parks to eat.
Looking to book all star sports for 2 weeks with park tickets with option of qsdp.
Do you have to book the meal plan at time of booking accom and tickets and could you cancel the plan if you have a change of mind
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

You can add a meal plan on up to 72hrs before you check-in (I think). You can remove it (at a cost, amendment fee).

$1000 for 2a for 14 nights is a lot. When will you be going? Are you booking at a time when you can the free breakfast?

An average QS meal for an adult will be around $15 so that’s maybe $60pd for two meals for two adults (you get two QS meals on the plan per day) and then two snacks each so $5 average per snack makes it around $80pd (ish) which comes to $1,120.

Not sure on today’s exchange rate but at best, you’d break even. You certainty wouldn’t be ‘in front’ but you would have meals paid for in advance.

To buy, any dining plan isn’t value for money. Most people suggest putting that £1000 onto a separate money card and using that card to pay for all meals and snacks. That way it’s still paid for in advance and your food budget is separate.

Car hire wise, if it’s only so you can eat offsite I’m not sure i’d bother. I can’t remember when hotel parking fee’s are coming in for UK guests but that’s a consideration to add to your car hire cost. Not to mention time spent away from the parks just to eat. Obviously offsite food is cheaper and probably better (depending on what you’re after) but as you’re consider onsite food anyway i’d probably stick with onsite eating but put the £1k on a card just for food.

Edited at 09:00 AM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We didn’t have qsdp when we were there November last year.
I have a food report in the report section, sorry I don’t know how to link. Called ‘Can we do Disney for $50 dollars a day? ‘. You might find it helpful to give you information
I would use the menus on here and get an idea of what you might eat. We find 2 meals plus the snacks difficult to consume in the heat. The portions are often too large and we do share some. if you like Starbucks then you might find that these add up so the QSDP plan might work for you.
We have QSDP in September this year as it was free with our booking. I am anticipating a large amount of Ghiradellis will come home with us.
I think the dining plan is essential for families but for 2 adults not so much IMHO.
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have a read at this https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072704
If you aren’t booking on a free dining offer I wouldnt bother. When are you looking at going ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We considered it but then we’d be restricted to QS meals, would end up paying OOP for some TS and thought then that it would just be a waste of money.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Mobile

We go sept 2018
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
We go sept 2018
Isn’t sept normally magical dining month so some fabulous discounts on the restaurants. Normally around $35 for a three course ts dining at the top restaurants ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks for the replies.
Looking at costings it doesn't save you money at at best break even
Will just buy meals either quick service or served as and when required
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
Old 17 Jun 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I see all the dining plans as pre-paying for your food, rather than making significant savings. So I would stick with the free breakfast offer and use those QS credits (1 per person per day, redeemable at any time) for your biggest meal of the day when not eating at TS. You should be able to get by the rest of the day on snacks, especially if you're going to go to F&W.

Consider eating at resorts rather than the parks, as you can swap your drink entitlement for a side/dessert which can often stretch one credit to be enough to feed two people depending on appetite. It's a nice way to see the deluxe resorts as well, since they're the ones closest to the parks. You can buy a refill mug for $18 (I think) per person for the length of your stay - can only use it in the resorts, but can be decent savings on drinks if you make the most of it.

You can also pack things like cereal for breakfast to save there - you can buy milk in the resort shops.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Not on any plan as I only booked this am for sept 2018
Last time we got refillable mugs and a loaf of bread from wallmart which we toasted in the food halls and used their butter and jam which lasted us about 5 days. So that's breakfast covered 😁
Will get by on a snack at lunch then decide on ts or qs that evening