Notices

Old 8 Apr 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Accio Holiday - The Last Hurrah

Well, that's it. We are currently amidst the final planning stages for our "last hurrah". We have DS going into year 10 for his exams, followed by a series of BIG birthdays, so this Aug we head to Florida for one last biggie before we see some more of the world. Sad but exciting times ahead.

Travelling August 2019. Will most likely be a semi-live blog.

So who are we? Long time Dibber, first time trip reporter -

Me - Kimberley 35
OH - Andy 37
DS - Joey 14
DD - Maisey 9

Long term Florida and theme park lovers. So much so we've watched them outgrow the furniture...

A bit of a different one for us. You better sit down for the news... we aren't doing Disney.
We are burnt out and need a more chilled out vibe this year. Being there for Galaxy's Edge would just about tip me over the edge, so we will save that for another time. All is not lost though, we have a plan...

So what are we up to?

A night in The Bloc LGW. Amazing deal if you're booking parking and simply the most stress free parking ever. Pull into valet - done. Same on return.

Flying into Tampa from LGW. This is to make the best of the end portion of our holiday, but also to quote Jessie J, it's all about the money! £2200 for what's classed as 3 adults and a child, fly drive including a group W (Ford Explorer) in the school holidays with BA? That went straight in my basket!

Holiday rooooaaaaaadddddd tripping all the way from Tampa to Cocoa Beach on arrival. We may stop in Orlando passing through, we might not.
Checking into Westgate Cocoa Beach resort that's just had a $15m make over, complete with resort lazy river!
We have 2 nights to sample Cocoa Beaches finest cocktails before hopping aboard our first ever cruise!

We are just doing a 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Disney Dream. We are beyond excited for this.

Debarking the ship we head from the luxurious Castaway Cay, directly to check into the Royal Pacific Resort. Andy is under strict orders to get us there, checked in and to Cinnabon well before lunch time! As the thought of that is all that's carrying me through the thought of it ended.
We have 2 night and 3 days exploring our favourite Universal parks with express passes.

We then move onto The Hilton Garden Inn, on international drive.
We have 6 park Flexi tickets. So shall be visiting Sea World, Aquatica, Disney Springs, doing some shopping and we've even got tickets to MNSSHP. (Told you I had a plan ) Very excited for the new firework show, but also sad as Hallowishes was my favourite. Halloween is my favourite so I am very happy they've moved things forward. I have never been in the summer before, we are avid October visitors, but we couldn't risk missing a week of school at this stage.

After this we head back to Tampa for a couple of nights in yet another Hilton Garden Inn (thinking of the points )
We have tickets for Busch which I have not done in years, but we also hope to visit Adventure Island Water Park. Last year they had fab deals on labour day, so we haven't got tickets, we shall play this one by ear.

Then that's it. We fly home depressed and start booking Hawaii 4-0 for Andy's big birthday.

Planning wise - it's going well.
Everything above is booked. Need to sort $ nearer the time.
We haven't done proper offsite dining for a while so we are VERY excited for that.
Let me know your favourite place!? I have on my hopeful list...

Rock and Brews
Keke's
Sugar Factory (for the gram )
Hooters (for the 18th birthday print outs )
Teak Neighbourhood Grill
Bahama Breeze
Cheesecake Factory
Taco Bell
DCL 2019

Edited at 02:06 PM.
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds great, wish I could find flights for that price!
We enjoyed Miller’s, Olive Garden and Outback too when we stayed on I-drive.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
I'm going to add the pre-travel day here as it doesn't really warrant it's own post.

It's been a long week. I've been up panicking about various things all week. I've upgraded our group W midsize SUV to a group Z Chevy Tahoe. (or similar) I was also up at 3am googling if pens class as liquids on planes. 😮 I've never been anxious with holidays - it's actually my comfort zone. I think I was just so prepared I didn't feel prepared!

Dropped the pets off by 9am this morning and went for a blow dry at my favourite salon. That should help the person behind me not have a birds nest poking through their seat!
Pretty uneventful drive down to Gatwick for once and we were done at Twilight check in by 5pm.
I had my nails done yesterday too! Very exciting.

We are staying at The Bloc. I am such an advocate for the place as it's not much more expensive than elsewhere, when you add on the ease of valet parking, the fact elsewhere you need shuttles payable per person when theres 4 of us, I think it's the best choice.
We checked into our room and there was such a stench. It was so bad it was unbearable. Like BO and mold put together but on acid.
Andy went down and mentioned it to reception. He is super calm and level headed so is best for these things.
They genuinely sent a guy up with a can of airfreshner! 😡😂 I said to him I'm sorry, I've checked my bags in. I cant have this smell tainting all my belongings I have left.
Then 2 lovely blokes came and gave us a new room a couple of doors down. They said it must have been the sunlight?! The room we have is the same room, same window and is fine so only a fly on the wall could tell you what it actually was!

We walked down for tea at the Weatherspoons. Giraffe was really busy.
Andy and Joey had burgers, Maisey chicken nuggets and I had a chicken and mushroom risotto. We all really enjoyed it! With 2 pints and 2 Pepsi's it was £52.

Then we had to have the salted caramel cookie dough! Maisey and I shared and the boys scoffed one each. With one more beer that was an extra £18.

We are just in the room playing some cards but all defo need an early night. We will probably watch a bit of telly.
Flight is at 12 to Tampa but we will be in the My Lounge from when we check out. Bring on the pancakes!

Edited at 07:21 PM.
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Love the nails! Pleased you got the room sorted. Safe flight, I’m looking forward to reading all about your trip.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Those nails are amazing!

Hope you have a nice straight forward travel day & look forward to hearing your thoughts on the cruise. All your plans sound great. Enjoy
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Guys, I failed with the write ups due to an issue with my hard drive abroad. I was too risky trying to get footage off the camera.

We are doing video logs so these come after this. I can now post any extra pics or prices etc so feel free to ask.

Here's no. 1, but i'll also set it up properly in the right section.

DCL 2019

Edited at 11:46 AM.