Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jul 09, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Queue jumpers?

Hi,

Just got back from DLP and had a great time, but has anyone else noticed the amount of queue jumpers in France? I found that people in DLP were quite rude.

X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
RUDE

and i will never go back... ever, one CM actually man-handled my 3 year old to try to push him onto a ride whilst tutting at him and shouting go go !(in french) to a 3 year old:angry:

He was lucky my DH was queuing elsewhere and also lucky that i didn't shove him one where the sun don't shine, arrogant pig! :angry:
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 09, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by riverdancefan View Post
one CM actually man-handled my 3 year old to try to push him onto a ride whilst tutting at him and shouting go go !(in french) to a 3 year old:angry:
I would've got his name and complained at the City Hall! :angry:
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Its mad whenever there are things without organised queues too! its like every person for themselves. Me and my friend wanted pics with the sword in the stone and we actually started a queue and if anyone tried to push in front my friend gave them a very scary look.
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mattstk
Trainee Dibber

It is so true that place is terrible... no organisation and the DLP employees need to spend some time in the USA to brush up there customer service skills...
JANSVILLA June 2008/11
Highlands Reserve Villa 2016
mattstk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 09, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BensMum
Apprentice Imagineer

We love our Disney trips and DLP was always a 'quick fix' for two or three days until we could save for a trip back to Orlando. After 4 trips to DLP we've decided that's enough - we're fed up of paying too much for poorer quality service and extremely inconsiderate and rude visitors. On the rare occasions when people do queue properly there's always someone blowing cigarette smoke in your face. :angry:
BensMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 09, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

It's a shame, this seems to get mentioned a lot when people talk about DLP. We're going this new year and dbf has never been and it is my first time back in nearly 10 years I am totally prepared for this as i am the master of moody looks and i will say my piece (but only if necessary ) but i have to say i found the Americans a very rude bunch on our trip to Florida last year so it doesn't really make a difference where you are in the world anymore

Di
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 09, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Duck View Post
It's a shame, this seems to get mentioned a lot when people talk about DLP. We're going this new year and dbf has never been and it is my first time back in nearly 10 years I am totally prepared for this as i am the master of moody looks and i will say my piece (but only if necessary ) but i have to say i found the Americans a very rude bunch on our trip to Florida last year so it doesn't really make a difference where you are in the world anymore

Di
dont worry i went for the 15th anniversary at christmas and was great didnt see any queue jumpers and no rude cm's it was very nice apart from the rain lol
Old 9 Jul 09, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BensMum View Post
We love our Disney trips and DLP was always a 'quick fix' for two or three days until we could save for a trip back to Orlando. After 4 trips to DLP we've decided that's enough - we're fed up of paying too much for poorer quality service and extremely inconsiderate and rude visitors. On the rare occasions when people do queue properly there's always someone blowing cigarette smoke in your face. :angry:
I noticed this too... I was asked to put my cigarette out as I was stood too close to a queue line (not even in it) and yet there were people quite clearly smoking in the crushes coaster queue minutes later, and they turned a blind eye... :angry: I've since quit smoking now though

I found the Fast Pass queue for Big Thunder Mountain horrific, and would never EVER consider Space Mountain without a fastpass, huge groups of French Schoolkids all barging past to meet one person saving a place for them :angry:
Old 25 Jul 09, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mattymattmatt View Post
I found the Fast Pass queue for Big Thunder Mountain horrific, and would never EVER consider Space Mountain without a fastpass, huge groups of French Schoolkids all barging past to meet one person saving a place for them :angry:

This happened to us - the queue was horrendously long. There were two kids in front of us - fair enough. They'd queued as long as we had. Suddenly two other kids start cocking their legs over the chains to the right and headed straight for the two in front of us.
Victor Meldrew rose to the fore. "Oh! No you don't maties." They were wearing backpacks so I grabbed the straps and swung them behind me. Lots of French prostestations emerged and thankfully I do speak fairly good French and know some vernacular too. I told them in no uncertain terms to s*d off to the back of the line. I delibertaely blocked their way. What was interesting was that the folk behind us made no protest about the jumpers now being in front of them. The two original kids chunnered all the way into the building but I gave as good as I got. When I reported the matter to a CM they just shrugged their shoulders.
It's the same with the character meets - those "wranglers(the supposed assistants are less than useless) you have to stand your ground and if a kid shoves in in front of yours then deal with it. International incident or not. It seems Parisian management isn't listening. Above all I hate the smoking in the queues. wesaw one kid burmed on the arm. The father almost took the smoker's head off.

Edited at 12:23 PM.
Closed Thread