Old 24 Jan 16, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Here We Go Again - Universal and Disney Dream October 2015 - Day 9 Uinversal and Hogsmeade by Night

Trip Report Day 9

Thursday 22nd October 2015

Universal studios and Hogsmeade at night

I was tired today, DH got up first and went for coffee in the refill mugs to help get me moving.

We headed to first watch for breakfast at 8.30 ish, it’s 5 mins drive from Cabana bay on Sandlake road. I enjoyed my carrot cake pancake again. Well worth a visit for breakfast, email club does a buy one get one free breakfast offer for joining.

We had a look at Michaels (cake decorating things are a lot cheaper in US) and then stopped at Woof gang bakery for a treat for our friends’ dog.

We headed back to Cabana and got the bus to the parks.

We went to Universal Studios and saw the horror make up show at 11.30am. This was our first time seeing the show and we all enjoyed it.

DH got a flaming moe drink as we headed through the Simpsons area and we stopped in a busy diagon alley for DD to finally get an elxir drink from the fountain of fair fortune (had been closed during early entry and late evening)

We headed out through the san Francisco area and were glad we stopped to watch a street dance show called streetheatz.

We had some pictures with Jaws and stopped for a mini Vermonster icecream at ben and jerrys in New York area. This is huge not mini!

We watched the Beetlejuice show, will miss this.

We headed back to Cabana bay as I’d reserved bowling for 3.45pm. It was quiet we would have been ok no reservation. They had a deal on for $9 each to bowl including shoes midweek 12-4pm. I hadn’t brought socks so ended up wearing DH’s. We had fun will definitely bowl here again.

Ater a rest DD and I headed back to hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure at 6.30pm, it was open until 8pm.

It was another success, will definitely do evenings in the harry potter areas again. DD could do spells with her wand without lines and we both went on hippogriff together then DD rode it herself several times. We went on forbidden journey just before closing with no wait. Everything looks lovely in the dark.

DD wanted to go in Ollivanders. She was chosen on our 2014 trip so I warned her not to get her hopes up. Well she was chosen again along with another girl. She didn’t buy the wand that chose her but chose to buy another wand (she had her own money to spend)

We met back up with DH and ate at the Cabana bay food court. DH and DD shared a pizza and I had a veggie burger which I enjoyed. The food was better than I was expecting for a food court. We bought a s’mores kit from the food court $7.99 and made s’mores round the fire pit on the lazy river pool side. This was a nice relaxing end to the day.

We headed up to bed at 10pm.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Looks like a great time in the evenings👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Looks like a great time in the evenings👍
Well worth doing the harry potter areas just before closing
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great day.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 16, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Smore kit looks fun. I definitely think the evenings are the best time to practise spells. Another great day.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 16, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

The bowling looked great fun and a good tip about going to WWOHP in the evenings.

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 16, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cuttycrew
Earning More Ears

Cant wait to visit Universal , not long now!
cuttycrew is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 16, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
We didn't get to visit the parks at night but we will do this year. Love the smores kit, hoping they do something similar when we visit Sapphire Falls this summer.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Great day.
Thank you

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Smore kit looks fun. I definitely think the evenings are the best time to practise spells. Another great day.
Agree evenings were great for being able to get to the spells

Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
The bowling looked great fun and a good tip about going to WWOHP in the evenings.
Definitely we do some evenings again.

Originally Posted by cuttycrew View Post
Cant wait to visit Universal , not long now!
You will have a fantastic time

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
We didn't get to visit the parks at night but we will do this year. Love the smores kit, hoping they do something similar when we visit Sapphire Falls this summer.
Sapphirefalls looks fab bet they will have firepits and smores. Not open when we go or I would have been tempted to give it a try.
Old 3 Mar 16, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Cabana Bay looks SO good, I love the roasting pit. Bowling looks great fun, real bargain too - we paid a lot more at Splitsville.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List