Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Oct 16, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Hmm, interesting. I booked a week ago and got a quote of £650-ish for Newport Bay next March, 2 adults, 5 days. I paid £216 for the half board dining plan, as the cost of buying food there worked out to be only slightly cheaper than the plan, and that was at the cheapest table-service restaurants, so to us it was worth the extra £5 or so a day.

I've just priced up the holiday we already have with the new 'free half-board dining plan' and it came out at around £850 ...

Free? Really?
When you booked it did you use the 'stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free' offer? If so that could be why the current offer would be more expensive for you.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Oh, yes I did. Good grief, it is so difficult to find the best deals, isn't it? I even spent a very expensive 40 mins on the phone to the Shareholder's Booking Line, and they quoted me nearly £1k for the same hotel booking!
Old 4 Oct 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
Oh, yes I did. Good grief, it is so difficult to find the best deals, isn't it? I even spent a very expensive 40 mins on the phone to the Shareholder's Booking Line, and they quoted me nearly £1k for the same hotel booking!
I know what you mean. I always go alone and the room rate, even with the stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free offer, isn't cheap. I'm going from 25th to 29th September next year, staying in a Montana Room at Sequoia Lodge, using the 2 nights free offer, and it's costing me £615. That's just the room. breakfast and tickets. The same trip for 2 people sharing a room is £749.00 - only £134 more for 2 people.

Edited at 02:10 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

So glad I didn't wait for this offer as I booked the 2 nights free offer for 28 Dec - 1 jan with 2 rooms at Sequoia Lodge GF rooms.

Checked on new offer and no GF rooms left and montana room is same price as what I've booked, I used this offer last year and was lucky to get a GF room but glad I booked especially with needing 2 rooms.

Glad to hear some got good deals.

Enjoy

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

So, does anyone know, if I call up and ask to upgrade my hotel to Sequoia Lodge from my current Cheyenne, would it include the new offer of free half board? That's the dining plan I was going to add, and it'd actually work out a little cheaper to just upgrade the hotel, not by a lot, but still...
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
So, does anyone know, if I call up and ask to upgrade my hotel to Sequoia Lodge from my current Cheyenne, would it include the new offer of free half board? That's the dining plan I was going to add, and it'd actually work out a little cheaper to just upgrade the hotel, not by a lot, but still...
As long as your current booking and the one you want to upgrade to are on the same country's version of the DLP site, then yes.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Edited at 04:52 PM. Reason: Duplicate
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've repriced our holiday which I booked with 2 days 2 nights free (so 4 nights in total) and it coming out at £150 more for the new deal. It would probably be worth changing if we were planning on eating onset everyday, but we're not, plus we have booked Sequoia Golden Forest and so have some food and drink included anyway.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
I've repriced our holiday which I booked with 2 days 2 nights free (so 4 nights in total) and it coming out at £150 more for the new deal. It would probably be worth changing if we were planning on eating onset everyday, but we're not, plus we have booked Sequoia Golden Forest and so have some food and drink included anyway.
That sounds about right then, as your 2 nights free deal is worth around 40% off and the current deal is 25% off.
Old 4 Oct 16, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
As long as your current booking and the one you want to upgrade to are on the same country's version of the DLP site, then yes.
Awesome! Just spoken to my sister, we'd save £27 I think by upgrading and getting the offer over just adding the dining plan as originally planned.

However we have booked one of the new Cheyenne rooms, and it's my Niece's first time at DLP and we think Cheyenne is more fun themed... plus she's excited about staying there now.

My sister and I have stayed at Sequoia Lodge before, many moons ago, and it is lovely. I just kinda think this time it might be nice to stay where my Niece wants to, and if we go back again maybe look into a different hotel.

Still considering it though... lol

x
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread