Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

April may advice

Hi we haven't even been on our first trip and already considering booking the next! 😂

We are looking at going approx April 19th until 5th may 2018. We should miss main Easter crowds as it's early April, but are there any big American events/holidays that I should know and expect big crowds for? (Because we can be flexible with dates there is just the 2 of us but I want to go then as it's over my birthday 😁 😄 )

Any advice welcome thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Not that I know of. We are going at the same time and I'm hopeful of low crowds and fab weather 😁
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes thank you! I am having heart palpitations just found incredible flights 😁
Old 21 May 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went 22 April for 6 may this year although we didn't do any parks so can't comment on crowds there we did do Disney springs and the outlets etc, no crowds at all was a great time to visit the weather was so hot, the hottest we've ever been lol I wouldn't hesitate on going that time again.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
We went 22 April for 6 may this year although we didn't do any parks so can't comment on crowds there we did do Disney springs and the outlets etc, no crowds at all was a great time to visit the weather was so hot, the hottest we've ever been lol I wouldn't hesitate on going that time again.
Thanks! Good to know it's still a good time to go if not doing lots of parks as we would probably take it a but slower and have more rest days! 😊
Old 21 May 17, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

It is one of the times I come myself (still here now) as it avoids the peak crowds. There is a short peak over Memorial Day weekend at the end of May. Anna Maria Island was very busy on Mothers Day - had difficulty finding a parking spot - seemed to be lots of locals having BBQs. One thing to keep an eye on is whether Disney (or others) organise events of their own which bring in (for example) college/school sports teams for training or competitions - it fills their rooms with teenagers. There was a thread on here about lots of cheerleaders in the parks on one particular day a few months back.
April is one of the driest months, but this year was a record - no rain recorded at the MCO weather station at all in April - the drought has resulted in a lot of brush fires.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It sounds like the perfect time to go just need to clear it with work now and hope the flight prices don't sky rocket overnight 🙈
Old 21 May 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

End of April is brilliant. I was considering May half term next year, but a friend is there at the moment and it's hitting 100 degrees.
Do you mind sharing who the flights are with? Virgin haven't released theirs yet, and the beginning of April is crazy prices!

Edited at 04:25 PM.
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
cuttycrew
Earning More Ears

We are going as wife is running in the Star Wars half marathon so will be plenty of tired runners on Sunday 22nd April
2019 Sapphire Falls
2020 FrenchQuarter/Nov Disney All Star Res
cuttycrew is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pudders
Apprentice Imagineer

We always go this time and just got back May 6th. Crowds are fine. Disney do have the 'Cheerleading Competitions' going on so you may see a lot of teenagers. Springbreakers have also gone back. You don't want to be there for then! lol

Also ... May the 4th at Hollywood Studios is pretty awesome (Star Wars Day).