Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Oct 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Brits attendance has been dropping since 2016
Not exactly hurting their bottom line, is it?

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
How many families find £2000 just to enter a theme park for 14 days good value?

It was £1200 5 years ago
In 1994 we paid £200 per person for 4 days at Disney, and 1 at each at Seaworld, Busch and Universal - oh and randomly a dinner show thrown in.
This is the equivalent of £400 now - for 7 days entry.
So yes, I still think it's ok for what we get. Expensive - but WDW holidays have never been cheap.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 04:14 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Brits attendance has been dropping since 2016
And?

BTW, the number of Brits visiting Florida was slightly higher in 2018 than it was in 2017. But only slightly.

There are still around 1.5 million Brits (+/- 100 thousand) visiting Florida each year, many of whom visit Disney. Hence my estimate of two-thirds of those visiting WDW. No one actually knows WDW's attendance statistics in regards to visitors from various countries, so it is a bit of an guess.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I really don't care. I love Disney and manage our expectations accordingly. We expect queues, rude people (who we can ignore), queue jumpers etc. We only go every 3 years or so and make the most of it while we are there. It's what you make it, the same as everything else. Ok, it has gone up in price but I love the parks (and Universal, SeaWorld etc) but we stay in a villa and eat offsite. We wouldn't go if we couldn't afford to.
I'm doing a tigger and bouncing round the kitchen with excitement at our upcoming trip.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
It certainly is, in all possible meanings of the term!
I will certainly agree with you there.

Although I still do like visiting Alton Towers and I still think it's value for money given the enjoyment I get out of it. Just like WDW.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It's £34 for a day ticket to Alton Towers. Whereas it's about £100 for a day ticket to WDW.

You can get a Season Pass for AT for just £56. If you used that to visit for 14 days over the spring/summer/autumn months then it would cost £56 / 14 = £4 a day.

Not to mention it's a heck of a lot cheaper to travel to Alton Towers (it's less than an hour's drive away for me).

Alton Towers is definitely cheaper than WDW.
Yeah but Alton Towers is one park, not six...
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We go every 3 or 4 years and each time it is a magical as the first time - yes 100% its expensive in which case don't go there do something else that's less expensive, it is after all your money to spend as you like. No point moaning that its getting more and more expensive, just done go. Where else can you go and see adults acting like big kids and loving it? No one is forcing the to spend their hard earned money.
When we walked round Batu & Pandora area's a couple of weeks ago, I said to DH you can see why its expensive every detail of everything is amazing.
No its probably not the dream Walt had for the place but it is a dream come true for some people and worth every penny spent when you see those children's faces.
Old 18 Oct 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Alton Towers is £56 for an annual pass!

I know as I have one. There are more rides at Alton Towers too!
What's your point? A annual pass for alton towers isn't remotely comparable lol... Its one park for a year...

I was trying to show a per day breakdown.

A comperable would be something like the merlin pass (4 parks) on that basis you are trying to use but then it's hard but closer I guess.

Merlin pass you woule have to compare against the now discontinued platinum pass which inciuded fast passes to be fair given disney give you 3 ever day and this was priced over 500 pounds

By any stretch disney is still good value compared to others. I am hardly a disney fan boy and its simple maths to me.

Universal and Sea world tickets offer proportionally much less than Disney if you want to use their price points. It's not even about park count its what's in them as well

Edited at 05:10 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It's £34 for a day ticket to Alton Towers. Whereas it's about £100 for a day ticket to WDW.

You can get a Season Pass for AT for just £56. If you used that to visit for 14 days over the spring/summer/autumn months then it would cost £56 / 14 = £4 a day.

Not to mention it's a heck of a lot cheaper to travel to Alton Towers (it's less than an hour's drive away for me).

Alton Towers is definitely cheaper than WDW.
On day price is 56 online is 34 yes you are right.

I don't think the rest is comparable at all. We was talking tickets as well not travel.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I like Disney but it's like a good large steak, enjoyable but if I have too much of it ... I don't want it again for a while.

I do think if you go every single year to just WDW without any other destination in between it's almost inevitable some people will get jaded.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List