Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Apr 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kevcazorla
Being a bit Goofy

International Drive Without a Car

So...we stayed on site last year and had a ball. Looking to go again next year and was wondering if anyone has experience of staying at a hotel on International Drive. Without a car.

Is it a realistic option? See some hotels offer free shuttle to the theme parks...in anyone's experience is this a go-er or not?

Any feedback would be really welcome.

Cheers
kevcazorla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We done this in 2014. We stayed at the avanti resort and it was very well located on iDrive which was great. Sorted my own transfers to and from airport and used free bus to and from universal. Similar going to Dicovery cove got free bus from sea world. Used Lynx service to mall there and back. Was all simple with a little research. Took the odd cab for things like going to oak ridge gun range. nowadays Uber would be the option and save even more money. Do a little research and see what suits you best.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Laevis
Trying for More Ears

Will be doing I drive without a car for the 4th time in August. No problems at all. Stayed at both Avanti resort and Rosen inn at pointe Orlando and used their free shuttle transport. Plus there is the excellent I drive trolley service and lynx buses. Anything else we used Mears cabs or Uber.
I much prefer having a fortnight break from driving
Laevis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi we have stayed on I Drive a few times and never had a car,we stayed at The International palms,and The Rosen Inn @ pointe Orlando,they both run free shuttles to the parks,which we used,but the Rosen only run it to Universal,for Disney parks we used uber which was cheap and easy,going again next Oct back to The Rosen cant wait.
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
We've stayed 6 or 7 times on International Drive without a car. We stay at hotels that have shuttles to the parks. Sure, its not as convenient as having a car but we've never had a problem, although you do have to plan around the hotel's timetable. Getting to Universal And Seaworld is fairly simple, it's just Disney that's a bit more tricky.

International Drive is great for restaurants (and cheaper than onsite).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

We've stayed on I Drive without a car three times, but the last two times we didn't go to the Disney parks. Seaworld, Aquatica and Universal are quick and easy to go to it's the Disney parks that make for a very long tiring day by bus for sure. I'd definitely go by taxi to the Disney parks or if Disney is going to be more than 50% of your holiday do a split stay. One week in Lake Buena Vista the other on I Drive.
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kevcazorla
Being a bit Goofy

International Drive Without a Car

So...we stayed on site last year and had a blast. Obviously caught the bug but last year was meant to be a one off!

So we are looking at the possibility of going next year.

As the post suggests, we are looking into the possibility of staying on International Drive. But without a car. Has anyone had any experience of this and if so, how did it go? See that the hotels offer free shuttles to the theme parks...are they fairly regular and reliable?

Realistically, is this a go-er or not?

Anyone's experience of this would be most welcome.

Cheers
kevcazorla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stay on I drive and we've never had a car, we always stay where there are free shuttles and use these and the Lynx buses and more recently we've used Uber as well.

We found The Renaissance @ SeaWorld offered the best service, they asked you what time you wanted to be picked up and gave you a phone number so you could contact them if you wanted to change it.

Last year we stayed at The Westgate Palace and the shuttle left for Disney at 7.45 a.m and we got an Uber back.

The Universal shuttle alao left around 7.45 a.m
Old 8 Apr 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Always use the shuttle busses if possible at the hotel and definitely look into the I-ride trolley and lynx
Old 8 Apr 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Our last trip we did I-drive without a car for the first few days.

We had a taxi from MCO to Rosen Inn top of I-Drive and used their shuttle for US and IOA. On our switch day to staying on site we did the I-Trolley to the outlets and then down to the Orlando Eye and the sealife centre before walking back and getting an uber to CBR. All in all worked out well and would do it again.

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List