Notices

Old 5 Aug 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

The one he won't remember - Sept 2019 ****Updated 11/8****

Hello and welcome to our Pre-Trip of 'The one he won't remember'

Who + Why?

So I'm Becca, 28 - An IT purchaser, so I'm always looking for the best deal. This will be my 2nd trip, my first trip didn't go quite as we'd planned - 2 weeks before we flew I found out that I was pregnant. Even though I felt rough I still had the most magical time and it truly started my obsession with all things with Disney.

I remember watching YouTube videos when I was little about the best roller-coasters in the world, and The Hulk was always on the Top 10 so I cannot wait to ride this just to say i have been on one of the top rollercoasters of 2006!

As most of the big rides were out of the question last time, we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour on our first trip together, which I didn't think I would really enjoy but oh my, it was great! Our tour guide was Rae and she was brilliant. She had worked for Disney for 20 years and loved Walt, the history and had been "good friends" with Mickey, Minnie and the Fairy Godmother. I love saying I have been underneath the castle and been in the utili-doors, so cool.

So what are my roles of the holiday... obviously bargain hunter, driver and dining reservatorer (Is that even a word? haha). I think you can look for Disney holidays all day every day trying to find the best price and to be honest looking at all the different ways of booking the best is to just bite the bullet and book it! As long as you can pay for it doesn't matter in the long run and that's what we did. No messing about - 26th April 2018 we just booked. Yes well over a year. So add chief organiser and list writer on my roles.

So enough about me, James is my husband. We've been married for 4 years, our anniversary is during the trip. This will be his 9th or 10th trip. He loves the hidden secrets around the park and the history. Being an Accountant, James is the money man, the goose to maverick, Disney t-shirt buyer and park planner.

Also not forgetting the namesake of this report - Mini Meek.

Alex will be 2 and 9 months when we go. He loves cars, trains and books. His job of the holiday will be pointing out all the shapes, numbers and letters. He already has this down to a fine art so he is ready to go. This will be Alex's 1st and 1/4 trip as he did technically come with us in 2016!

We took Alex to Paris Disneyland in 2018 and we honestly had the best time, the memory of meeting Mickey and Donald (also our first character meet) will be ones that I treasure forever.

If you would like to read our trip report... Here you go! Be kind it was my first trip report.

When?

Staying at Bloc hotel Friday the 13th (ooooooooh spooky! ) in the family room and we also booked valet parking with them too. You drop your car off at the short stay carpark and it will be there on your return. I think the premier inn was cheaper but Bloc is in the south terminal where we are flying from, but who doesn't like starting their holiday a night early!

We go on the 14th September. Flying with Thomas Cook from Gatwick... Premium Economy "Treat yo self" into MCO.

Staying at Port Orleans Riverside with Disney dining plan. We booked through Attraction Tickets Direct having used them for our tickets last time. I cannot fault their customer service. I have looked at swapping hotels a couple of times and they are very quick to respond with all the info and options.

We booked during the free dining, getting the $200 gift card and we also upgraded our dining plan as you got the basic quick service one for free. Also the DIBB had a discount code for £35 off bookings with Attraction Tickets so I used this too.

We have hired a Standard SUV from Alamo, thank the good lord for online check in! We flew into Sanford last time and getting through to security was great but waiting an hour for the car was the worst.

Last time we hired a small SUV and ended up with a Kia Sportage, I loved it so much about 6 months later i ended up buying one. I'm sure James is worried what we are going to get this time, I will be on Autotrader looking for it as soon as we get home haha.

During our trip we are staying one night over at Universal at the Hard Rock. We decided to do this for our Anniversary and of course the express passes, there is Halloween Horror Nights on our Anniversary so we picked the closest date without HHN's being on... so there is no chance of bumping into a creepy clown!

What?

What a stupid title for a trip report I hear you cry, and yes you are right. I don't know if you have ever said to someone that you are taking a 2 year old to across the pond before. Well for the last year and a bit all James and I have heard is
"he is too young"
"he won't remember it"
"this is a holiday for you"
"I would take my kid when they are about 10, that way they will get the most out of it"
Along with many more

This all may well be true but our memories from last summer of Alex meeting Mickey and Donald for the first time are ones that I will treasure forever and I cannot wait to take him to our favourite place.

I think you only "get it" when you have been to Florida and see just how much you fall in love with it. I know this was true for me before I went the first time, I was thinking similar questions - Its too expensive and why would I want to spend every day going to a theme park? And I totally get it, but I absolutely love every part of it and the Disney way is the only way!

But I'm sooooooooooooooo sure after being 5 hours in to an 8 hour flight trying to keep Alex entertained I'm sure I will agree with them all!

As we have the standard dining package we have booked some Dining Reservations, this is what we have booked:

Ohana Breakfast and Dinner
Homecomin'
Kona Café for Breakfast
Yak & Yeti
Ale & Compass
Teppan Edo
The Boathouse
Grand Flo Café for Breakfast
Be Our Guest for Breakfast
California Grill
Morimoto Asia

I'm sure some of you are shouting DON'T DO TABLE SERVICE BREAKFAST - WASTE OF A CREDIT. We get it, but who doesn't love a good hearty breakfast to fill you up for the day. Also I want to try Tonga Toast and the eggs benedict flight so why not. It's also easier for us to plan around breakfasts out as Alex is an early riser so we know we're going to be up and about.

I haven't put any prices but if you want to know anything feel free to message me or send me a message on Instagram: becca_meek_

Also big up to all the Vloggers out there (most of whom seem to be in WDW at the same time as us)! We have been watching them non stop! Tim T, Adam Hatton, Gary C, L&R Dreaming , Disney in Detail, Will & Lelly , Get Binky, Brogan Tate and many more

Thanks for reading and get ready for full trip report.

Love Bec x

Update Here - https://DIBB.in/14009098

Becca

Edited at 03:40 PM.
Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

It sounds like a great trip. All three of our boys have had their first trips as toddlers (including my own Alex!) and whilst they don’t remember it we do, I am sure he will love it. One of my favourite Disney memories is Chip and Dale posting leaves down a drain with my middle son!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I dunno about not remembering.

We went past a library that we haven’t been past in years the other day and my very nearly 5 year old pipes up from the back seat saying that used to be her school and she remembered making buns there and ate a watermelon.

She was 2yrs 8months and only went there for 9 weeks !

Anyway it’s for you to remember not them. I think over two is good. I couldn’t cope before that age but I know lots of people do.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Ah so exciting, I loved your DLP report so very excited for this one!

I totally feel you on all the comments... our LB will be 23 months when we go in September and we have had the exact same thing! Yes he most likely won't remember it but we will and we will have photos to show him that will last a lifetime! I cannot wait to see the joy and happiness that it brings him at the time!

Not long to go now!

(Also just requested you on IG so I can follow along on there in real time! )

Edited at 09:50 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
It sounds like a great trip. All three of our boys have had their first trips as toddlers (including my own Alex!) and whilst they don’t remember it we do, I am sure he will love it. One of my favourite Disney memories is Chip and Dale posting leaves down a drain with my middle son!
Great name choice.

Chip and Dale always look to have great interaction, will have to keep our eyes out for them. x

Becca

Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I dunno about not remembering.

We went past a library that we haven’t been past in years the other day and my very nearly 5 year old pipes up from the back seat saying that used to be her school and she remembered making buns there and ate a watermelon.

She was 2yrs 8months and only went there for 9 weeks !

Anyway it’s for you to remember not them. I think over two is good. I couldn’t cope before that age but I know lots of people do.
We're hoping he'll remember some bits and pieces, it's funny the things that kids remember. x

Becca

Old 5 Aug 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Ah so exciting, I loved your DLP report so very excited for this one!

I totally feel you on all the comments... our LB will be 23 months when we go in September and we have had the exact same thing! Yes he most likely won't remember it but we will and we will have photos to show him that will last a lifetime! I cannot wait to see the joy and happiness that it brings him at the time!

Not long to go now!

(Also just requested you on IG so I can follow along on there in real time! )
Thank you so much, we loved reading yours too.

You're off just before us - so exciting! Send your tips for travelling with a toddler my way. x

Becca

Old 5 Aug 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beccab0301 View Post
Thank you so much, we loved reading yours too.

You're off just before us - so exciting! Send your tips for travelling with a toddler my way. x
We fly out on the 28th September, so a little behind you... so I want all the toddler tips please!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
We fly out on the 28th September, so a little behind you... so I want all the toddler tips please!
O yeah😂😂😂 O no I wanted all the tips.
Xx

Becca

Old 6 Aug 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Sounds like an awesome trip! On our first trip our daughter turned two. She won't remember, but we do! We're going back September 23rd when she will be almost four.

Also, we are using a LOT of table service credits for breakfasts. Eden is more awake in the mornings and I don't want to deal with grumpy Eden at a table service dinner :-)
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List