Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
I know its not as easy as adding an extra bus on a route but we're taking about fights next summer/August etc. I think thats plenty of time if extra flights are required due to the demise of Thomas Cook. If there's a demand they will manage it.
It is said that TC's biggest asset is its flight slots which are worth a fortune. So that said any airline that's wanting to put on extra flights will have to already have flight vacant slot in both the UK airport and more importantly the destination airport (very unlikely) or buy the (now) surplus flight slots from the TC administrators, will will take time.

One they have a flight slot they will need an aircraft, if they have spare capacity fine (although few do), if not they will need to agree an aircraft lease.

Once they have an aircraft (if it's not from existing fleet) they need a crew, a crew that is current on type (if aircraft is not on a wet lease).

Suddenly next August isn't that far away.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I’m going Aug but have decided I will not book if flights are ridiculous! So am playing the waiting game, check every day and know we will be flying indirect(which I don’t mind)
Annoying tho but as there are 5 of us not paying £1kpp
Old 30 Sep 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
I’m going Aug but have decided I will not book if flights are ridiculous! So am playing the waiting game, check every day and know we will be flying indirect(which I don’t mind)
Annoying tho but as there are 5 of us not paying £1kpp
Yes we are a family of 5 too, the prices are ridiculous!

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Was worried I jumped the gun but flights @ £650ish are looking like a bargain now.
A legitimate worry is that all the capacity that TC had won't be filled, not in time for next August anyway.
Old 30 Sep 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerCub
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by clucky1966 View Post
Yes we are a family of 5 too, the prices are ridiculous!
5 here too! Was all ready to buy from BA, just waiting for our return date then as soon as that came out they shot up by £400.
TigerCub is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve had a good deal (at least I think it is!) with BA.

Fly drive 26th August to 9th September, Gatwick to Tampa, seven seater car, one night in Rosen Inn, then two nights in RPR - £683 per person.

I suppose we’re at the very end of the school holidays so I assume that makes a difference.

It was definitely cheaper to fly into Tampa too.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrspodington
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by rnewman1 View Post
Does anyone fly direct MIA - MAN? I can only see indirect via AA or BA?
Not to Manchester unfortunately so indirect is the only way for us on return I'm not sure about other airports as i haven't looked.
Mrspodington is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
It is said that TC's biggest asset is its flight slots which are worth a fortune. So that said any airline that's wanting to put on extra flights will have to already have flight vacant slot in both the UK airport and more importantly the destination airport (very unlikely) or buy the (now) surplus flight slots from the TC administrators, will will take time.

One they have a flight slot they will need an aircraft, if they have spare capacity fine (although few do), if not they will need to agree an aircraft lease.

Once they have an aircraft (if it's not from existing fleet) they need a crew, a crew that is current on type (if aircraft is not on a wet lease).

Suddenly next August isn't that far away.
That flight slot may not be used for a Florida flight!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
That flight slot may not be used for a Florida flight!
It could IF the flights slots were already for a UK airport and a Florida airport, of which TC did have a few otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it on this forum.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
It could IF the flights slots were already for a UK airport and a Florida airport, of which TC did have a few otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it on this forum.
The IATA slot guidance document says

8.11.1 Airport slots are not route, aircraft or flight number specific and may be changed by an airline from one route or type of service to another. Such changes are subject to final confirmation by the coordinator.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List