Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Oct 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mermaids View Post
Have you tried BA Flydrive? I got 4-20 August into Tampa for £3,800 for 4 adults and 1 child including a car last week. I haven't been in August before but I didn't think those prices were bad, especially considering Virgin wanted £14,000 for those dates into MCO!

I also was looking at home and prices were going up, but when I looked at work they were much much cheaper.
Am I ok to book a fly drive and not bother picking up the car, if it’s cheaper?

We don’t drive out there, so the car is kinda useless.

I don’t understand why a fly drive would be cheaper than just a flight?
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

virgin want £3800 for our august dates but ba fly drive via philly £2400 for 3 people for 3weeks from manchester wife wants to book but am not sure
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BIGDENNIS10UK View Post
Am I ok to book a fly drive and not bother picking up the car, if it’s cheaper?
Yep, annoyingly you don't get anything off for not doing it ;-)
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pluto99 View Post
virgin want £3800 for our august dates but ba fly drive via philly £2400 for 3 people for 3weeks from manchester wife wants to book but am not sure
Presumably you have to change in London as well from Heathrow to Gatwick? I’ve ended up booking BA due to Virgin prices going bonkers. Had intended to play flight poker but got cold feet and booked with BA last night. London is a pain for us but I’m glad I’ve got it done I was mega stressed! I was put off BA from manchester due to changing planes in London between two bloody airports!
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
If you think summer is bad, try finding flights for Easter! Nothing for our dates under £850 for indirect
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

booked man-lhr-miami last night happy with what i paid with a car
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
The IATA slot guidance document says

8.11.1 Airport slots are not route, aircraft or flight number specific and may be changed by an airline from one route or type of service to another. Such changes are subject to final confirmation by the coordinator.
Sorry but I think we're down to splitting hairs here, If Airline X buy a former TC slot at <uk Airport> and buy a former TC slot at <US airport> and the space on the flight path would be available (because TC are not on it) the coordinator could but is highly unlikely to not allow it.

That clause is merely pointing out the operating companies have a right to change the destination of flights operating on a particular slot as long as they have a spare slot at the arrival airport. For example BA now have an unused slot at Fort Lauderdale, they could re plan an aircraft utilising a Heathrow slot to FLL without been bound by the conditions of the route that slot used to be allocated to.

Edited at 02:09 PM.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

OK didn't hold out like I said I would (story of my life) so have booked the following today:
Aer Lingus MAN -MCO short lay over in Dublin but can clear immigration there which is great

3 Adults, 2 Teens
£3230 inc baggage and seat selection on all flights
I was happy with that and now need to resist the urge to keep checking! ;-)))

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by clucky1966 View Post
OK didn't hold out like I said I would (story of my life) so have booked the following today:
Aer Lingus MAN -MCO short lay over in Dublin but can clear immigration there which is great

3 Adults, 2 Teens
£3230 inc baggage and seat selection on all flights
I was happy with that and now need to resist the urge to keep checking! ;-)))
That looks a good price to me.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
OP, I’d be very happy with that!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List