Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Oct 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Percilla
Looking for my Ears

Very anxious

The time is nearly here for our first time to Florida. What should be an exciting time is now a sheer case of panic for me inside, as I am stressing beyond reason about fitting into my plane seat.
We are flying TUI premium and this panic is taking over any excitement I had about our dream holiday.

I am a size 22/24 which is spread about evenly and 5’7 in height. Is there anyone reading this who has flown TUI premium and is similar size, or has experienced similar anxieties, able to give me a truthful account of what to expect please?

I’m trying to be all happy on the outside, but I am really struggling on the inside about this.
Percilla is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Percilla View Post
The time is nearly here for our first time to Florida. What should be an exciting time is now a sheer case of panic for me inside, as I am stressing beyond reason about fitting into my plane seat.
We are flying TUI premium and this panic is taking over any excitement I had about our dream holiday.

I am a size 22/24 which is spread about evenly and 5’7 in height. Is there anyone reading this who has flown TUI premium and is similar size, or has experienced similar anxieties, able to give me a truthful account of what to expect please?

I’m trying to be all happy on the outside, but I am really struggling on the inside about this.
Please don't worry. You will easily fit into the seat. Enjoy your trip x
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

dont worry am a big old lump of a bloke and can get in one so anyone can trust me, nd i dont give 2 hoots what anyone thinks
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

yes me,i understand where you are coming from,only difference is I am 5ft 5 yes you can easily fit into the pg seats not a problem I used to worry about size but, now say that there are bigger women out ther,e all size sexy well that's my way of thinking you go girl enjoy every moment of your holiday

janie
po french qr 2008
pop centry 2010
po french qr 2012
double tree/yatch club 2015
next pofq oct 2016
booked pofq 2017
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
shimmers
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I am similar size and have same concern about my Aer Lingus flight tomorrow and I am economy! I am 5foot9. Dreading it! But I fit into easyjet and Ryanair budget flights so hoping i will be ok? !
shimmers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

you will be fine, so don't stress. If the seatbelt is tight ask the cabin crew for a seatbelt extender, they are very discreet and to be honest nobody notices or even cares. There is a Plus size at disney group on FB that is very helpful for ride info once you are at the parks, however at a 22/24 you will be fine. have fun xx
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I think you'll be fine - I'm a 22 and have never not fitted into any aircraft seat! I do have to have the belt at almost the loosest it will go but I'm never squished.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I don’t think you have anything to worry about. My Sister in law is about a 26/28 and has no seating issues when flying.

Relax and enjoy your holiday!
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Percilla
Looking for my Ears

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time out to reply to my thread, it is very much appreciated, and has made me feel considerably easier about the whole thing.

I’m going to do an honest review of my flight once I’m back to help anyone else who is going through the same anxieties. Xxx
Percilla is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

You've reached the stage of irrational fear (and I mean that in the kindest way) before a dream holiday. take it from someone who has been there. You've yet to get to the triple check your passports are in date for your holiday, your ESTA's exactly match your passports, making sure all you dates line up, check you turned off the Gas, water etc. etc. even though you know full well that you've already checked them twice before and then the final triple check all your passports are in your bag on the day of travel.

Mine normally disappear as I'm walking down the Jetway, as by that stage I'm at the F£*k it stage, it's too late now, I'm off on holiday to my happy place.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List