Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Oct 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile Alamo Skip the Counter

Help needed please. I have ordered a visitor toll pass online and they have e mailed back. Yay! Got that bit done.

Now I need help with the Alamo "Skip the Counter" please. What do I do on arriving at Mco? (I tried doing it online tonight but need hubby's driving licence and he is out.)
When we arrive and have done immigration and collected the bags what is next? We have a 12 seater booked in our holiday package from Kenwood Travel and I have the details but last time we went we spent over an hour in the queue at the counter and want to avoid it again if possible.

Any help appreciated.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I thought when you asked earlier about CC and the VTP you said that your son was driving? But now you're waiting for your husband's D/L details?

All you need is to complete the OLCI form with lead driver's D/L details and get a bar code to skip the counter.

The VTP reps are on the same level as the car hire desks on both sides A and B. Get your VTP then walk across the road to the Alamo garage. Find your row, pick a car and drive off. At the barrier you'll need to show the bar code, D/L and CC

Mick
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS

Are you arriving direct into MCO on a UK flight? Have a look at the International Arrivals Guide here.

orlandoairports/gett...parture-guides

You'll arrive at gates 70-99 side B on APM 4 on level 3. Garage B is basically straight ahead off the APM then bear left down to level 1. If you choose garage A you'll need to bear right across the concourse

Mick
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
PS

Are you arriving direct into MCO on a UK flight? Have a look at the International Arrivals Guide here.

orlandoairports/gett...parture-guides

You'll arrive at gates 70-99 side B on APM 4 on level 3. Garage B is basically straight ahead off the APM then bear left down to level 1. If you choose garage A you'll need to bear right across the concourse

Mick

Thats a big help thanks. Yes, we are direct with Virgin from Gatwick.

As we paid for holiday package the vehicle is in hubby's name with son (and possibly daughter in law if she is brave enough) as additional drivers. Hubby had a stroke and although he is back to driving in the Uk we prefer our son to drive. (Quicker reflexes)
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you follow this thread you can't go wrong - really helpful.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=965150
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ben645
Getting to know the DIBB

If you have the option do the skip the counter. We arrived today, we always do the skip the counter, and even got a free upgrade to a Suburban when there was 50 odd people in the check in que! We also did the Visitor Toll pass. Really easy, right by Alamo. Takes 5 minutes, and is great.
ben645 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

You just need to do OLCI, no need to do skip the counter. When you complete OLCI you will get a print with a Barcode. That is all you need to go straight to the garage.
If you post on the Car Hire forum the folks who are regular on there will confirm
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
You just need to do OLCI, no need to do skip the counter. When you complete OLCI you will get a print with a Barcode. That is all you need to go straight to the garage.
If you post on the Car Hire forum the folks who are regular on there will confirm
I might have only said it a few times on here

As you rightly say skipping the counter is what you are able to do after completing OLCI. No need to do any other process. You just need the bar code that you print out from the OLCI form.

The only CC that the hire company is interested in is the one they swipe at the barrier. They don't care how you paid the UK broker. Different CC, debit card, cash or mungo beans.

Mick

Edited at 08:50 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
Thats a big help thanks. Yes, we are direct with Virgin from Gatwick.

As we paid for holiday package the vehicle is in hubby's name with son (and possibly daughter in law if she is brave enough) as additional drivers. Hubby had a stroke and although he is back to driving in the Uk we prefer our son to drive. (Quicker reflexes)
Taylaboo

Just one minor caveat on which garage.

I've never booked a package holiday, fly-drive with Virgin or stand alone car hire from them. According to some Dibbers who do, if you have booked the car through one of them you may have to go to the kiosk INSIDE garage A to get some paperwork. I've no idea what but I'm sure your booking details will.

One other tip if you're not familiar with MCO. If you can manage your luggage from the baggage hall to the APM then keep it with you. Using the courtesy baggage transfer may add an hour to your transit.

Mick
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. To follow on from Mick above. The 'Pit Stop' Virgin hut in Garage A is only for those who booked a holiday or a fly drive through Virgin Holidays direct. They give you water, maps, tickets etc.

As you are with Kenwood unless your paperwork says to go there I would not bother. In fact they may have never even heard of you!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List