Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Feb 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

High gate park area

Hello
We’ve booked a villa in High gate park, it’s not an area we have stayed in before so new to us. I’m a little nervous, please share all your positives and tips. Especially like to know what supermarkets and restaurants are near by. Is the travel to the parks ok from there? First time my husband will be driving and he quietly nervous!
Thank you 😊
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

I have stayed in a villa in High gate Park a couple of times. Gated community on the US27 not far from the end of the 192 and cagan crossings where there is a Walmart super centre. There's several restaurants close by too. Traffic can be heavy at times along the 192 but if you look at Google maps you can find alternate routes that can bypass some of this. I personally think it's a nice place to stay.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Thank you. Not sure why I’m worried! It must be Ok if you’ve stayed there a few times.
Can you recommend any restaurants?
I’ll get my husband to look at google maps. Traffic does nt sound good! 😬
Thank you
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Duh_Prez
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Hello
We’ve booked a villa in High gate park, it’s not an area we have stayed in before so new to us. I’m a little nervous, please share all your positives and tips. Especially like to know what supermarkets and restaurants are near by. Is the travel to the parks ok from there? First time my husband will be driving and he quietly nervous!
Thank you 😊
Hi, if you come out of Highgate and turn left onto the US27 you have Wal-Mart and Cagan Crossing a mile or so up the road just after the turn off for the 192, which leads you into Disney via Sherberth Road.
Turning right out of Highgate onto the US27 leads you to Publix at Berry Town Centre after a couple of miles.
At Berry Town Centre there’s a Applebee’s, IHOP, English Fish and Chips and a couple of Pizza/Chinese takeaways.

We’ve all been there in relation to the driving and the worry it causes but after a little while you realise just how easy and simple it is. I for one checked everything Possible before going the first time and watched everything and spoke to everyone one I could to pick up tips.
Just remember if you are in the right hand lane to turn right you can do so on a red light once you’ve checked you’re clear. If however it is signposted no right turn on red light then sit and wait patiently.

If you have any concerns whatsoever ask away on here, it really is a great place for advice.
Hope this helps
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

We're staying in a Dibb villa at Highgate Park in April. I've stayed in this area twice before, and it's great. I like to go straight on at the traffic lights onto Florence Villa Grove Road to get onto the 192.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Same villa 14 times at Highgate since 2011 so we might like it there.

Apologies for overlapping other replies but as I've posted this bit about food and shops a few dozen times I've save it as Word.

Travel east on the 192 and after 5/10 minutes you will be in a short stretch of road with Manny’s, Culvers, Longhorn, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Texas Roadhouse, Red Lobster, Joes Crab Shack, Bonefish Grill, Outback, Carrabbas, Millers Ale House, Cracker Barrel, Sweet Tomatoes, Red Robin, Applebees, Fords, Hooters - bound to have missed a couple

Over in Champions Gate you’ll find another Millers, Red Robin, First Watch (for breakfast) and Chillis.

Go south on 27 for a couple of minutes to Berry Town Center and there’s an Applebees, iHOP and Bamboo Wok (a good Chinese take-out). Further south on 27 near Posner Park (I-4 interchange) and there’s a Bob Evans and just past Posner a nice Ovation Bistro.

There’s a Walmart at Cagan Crossings about 10 minutes north on the 27, a Target on the 192 near Longhorns and a couple of Publix. One at Summer Bay at the end of 192 and one at Berry.

Mick
Old 6 Feb 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
PS

Sorry for self-promotion as I've added a bit to it and edited it over the years but there is an excellent DIBB guide to driving in Florida if husband would like to read it.

With a few shortcuts you can get to the famous Sherberth Road and only drive a few hundred yards on the 192.

Mick

Edited at 05:14 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. Brilliant tips. I'm getting excited. Children still don't know.

Can I ask where you like to eat for both breakfast and dinner? We've only tried Millers, Olive Garden (I love their salads and breadsticks) and Cracker Barrell. Think we might try to get some take outs this time as well. Hopefully save a bit of money.
Old 8 Feb 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Carolynmf
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
There is an IHOP at Berry Town center or Egg City further down the US27. Both are good for breakfast
Carolynmf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

We like Denny's for breakfast, there is one down the 27, on the left, just before the I4 junction.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List