Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GMickeyB View Post
Yeah it's a bit debatable wether they are the worst company, but I honestly thought they were the elite, they have proved me wrong, they have some very loyal supporters and they way they have been treating them is appalling, like I say it has been one sided and for them to get back to the elite status could take them years.
I would totally agree and IMHO opinion they will continue to struggle, especially with some of the prices they are charging for flights at the moment.
Extortionate doesn't even begin to cover their current prices for flights over the school summer holidays from Manchester!
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
I would totally agree and IMHO opinion they will continue to struggle, especially with some of the prices they are charging for flights at the moment.
Extortionate doesn't even begin to cover their current prices for flights over the school summer holidays from Manchester!
Agreed, the only real way they could potentially get customers back is cut price travel, and there's no chance of that!
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
Agreed. On the Orlando routes, they always seemed to charge a premium that somehow seemed justified as they were meant to be the premium, trustworthy company on the run. ‘Party like a rockstar’ and all that.

Their recent behaviour has undermined that position in the view of many and in fact, they almost smack of Ryanair when it comes to morality and ethics.

The only way to get bums on seats may be to charge a fare that reflects the trust that the general public has in them at this moment in time and in the short term afterwords whilst they try to regain their previous position. The product is severely tainted.

They won’t because they doubtless believe that they are still top dog.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:07 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

I wonder if they will go down the road of charging for seat reservations in advance to non-status flyers as BA do now.

Seems a no-brainer to raise what would be a sizeable sum.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Does anyone have the number to contact virgin Atlantic.
May be easier than waiting days for a reply on message system then being told you have not replied in 3 mins so we will terminate the conversation
Arghhhh
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We first flew with virgin around 1988 ,not long after they started and they were brilliant then , over the years they have morphed into just another airline ,nothing special but we continued to use them and have have had many good deals , and saving our air miles got us to hong Kong in upper class last year and that was a great experience.
In January this year they took £1365 for 4 seats to mco for Nov from lgw.
Waited patiently when covid hit to see what would happen, and lucky for us they pulled out of lgw so that was a major change and we could have a refund... yeah still waiting .
On the other hand we also had flights to mco with BA for last week . Didnt even have to apply they emailed me to say it was cancelled and the money was in my bank within 2 weeks.

Not good enough virgin, treat the people who pay you better or you wont have a company at all.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
does anyone have the number to contact virgin atlantic.
May be easier than waiting days for a reply on message system then being told you have not replied in 3 mins so we will terminate the conversation
arghhhh
+44 (0)344 874 7747
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
planefixer860
slightly serious Dibber

planefixer860's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Were supposed to fly June 1st booked through Virgin Holidays, paid seat upgrade direct to VA to sit in bubble. VA refunded first received Monday (14/9) Virgin Holidays refund received Wednesday (16/9) used all the 120 days and then some. It will be a cold day in Hell before I ever use either company again. I don't blame their staff they are obviously following instructions from management. I have a relative that works for a major CC company and they can see no reason for the delays as refunding a transaction takes literally a minute.
planefixer860 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by planefixer860 View Post
Were supposed to fly June 1st booked through Virgin Holidays, paid seat upgrade direct to VA to sit in bubble. VA refunded first received Monday (14/9) Virgin Holidays refund received Wednesday (16/9) used all the 120 days and then some. It will be a cold day in Hell before I ever use either company again. I don't blame their staff they are obviously following instructions from management. I have a relative that works for a major CC company and they can see no reason for the delays as refunding a transaction takes literally a minute.
I agree, I feel sorry for the staff
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

If you want to experience ‘one of the worst companies trading’... try booking something with Charter Travel 🙈