Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Oct 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Hertz at MCO... gold member able to skip counter?

Normally we book with Alamo but the prices with Hertz where 1/3 the price when we prebooked.

I have just joined Hertz Gold under the impression they have a 'skip the counter' option.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible at MCO and if so do I need to do anything other than join the Gold membership?
Old 11 Oct 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

No you can go straight to the garage and you will see your name on a large board and the stall number beside it. The keys and paperwork will be in the car - you just head for the gate where agent will check your licence etc as you exit. If it's your first time to use the service you may have to go to gold area in the garage to scan your credit card but this is not always the case.
Old 11 Oct 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You also get an email with the car type and bay number.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You also get an email with the car type and bay number.
So once I have confirmation from Andy at DFCH I can pair this up with my account and save time atleast in the airport? It's been years since I had to stand and say no to upgrades while hiring a car. It's a silly game
Old 11 Oct 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
So once I have confirmation from Andy at DFCH I can pair this up with my account and save time atleast in the airport? It's been years since I had to stand and say no to upgrades while hiring a car. It's a silly game
No, my understanding is you have to book via your Gold account. It’s not like Alamo where you can book through a third party. I’ve only ever booked direct so it may have changed but if it’s a deal breaker for you I would consider direct with Hertz or use Alamo instead.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

No, my understanding is you have to book via your Gold account. It’s not like Alamo where you can book through a third party. I’ve only ever booked direct so it may have changed but if it’s a deal breaker for you I would consider direct with Hertz or use Alamo instead.
Ah... the issue I have is the prices have tripled since I booked! so looks like I am stuck with Hertz unless something changes with the prices in the next 10 months!
Old 11 Oct 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That's my understanding too

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
Ah... the issue I have is the prices have tripled since I booked! so looks like I am stuck with Hertz unless something changes with the prices in the next 10 months!
If the price is really good I would put up with standing in the queue at the airport but I do think prices will fluctuate as things get back to “normal”.

Trip Report Index
Old 11 Oct 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

If you joined the Gold membership after you booked the car it wont apply, they dont let you make the change retrospectively
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

On our first rental with Hertz we did have to go to the counter to register the license and credit card. It was quiet, though, so this was not an issue. Since they introduced Ultimate Choice I've only ever rented intermediates as a member and I've always left a full size, a premium, or an SUV. With Ultimate Choice your name is on the screen along with a row to choose from, as long as you've booked at least an intermediate. There have been pick-up trucks, giant SUVs, convertibles, etc. but I don't like driving something too big, so we usually go for an Equinox.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List