Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Oct 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Cabana Bay is far superior to Disney Values in my opinion We’ve stayed there twice and would go back again whereas I doubt I’d go back to all
star music.

If you stay in a standard room with pool view and ask for the Americana block, if you request to be able to see the volcano from your room you might get lucky
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Only stayed at RPR & IMO it's of a higher standard than the Disney Deluxes that I have also stayed at, now as a disclaimer I haven't stayed at SSR following it's refurb but certainly Universal's fixtures & fittings are more modern especially when you are looking at basically half the price rack rate wise & not to mention free Express pass- I mean what do Disney give you for nothing... Answers on a postcard please !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Only stayed at RPR & IMO it's of a higher standard than the Disney Deluxes that I have also stayed at, now as a disclaimer I haven't stayed at SSR following it's refurb but certainly Universal's fixtures & fittings are more modern especially when you are looking at basically half the price rack rate wise & not to mention free Express pass- I mean what do Disney give you for nothing... Answers on a postcard please !
SD
Disney gives transport to and from MCO for nothing, Universal doesn't. That may not matter to many people but as a solo non-driver it does to me.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

In my opinion the quality in accommodation has been superior. Staying at a Disney accommodation almost has me expecting worst standards of furnishings etc but still has the draw of that big old Disney bubble anyway.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We had 2 nights in Cabana Bay last year and loved it. Finishing in the room is a bit clinical and very much standard Hotel room but excellent location for Volcano Bay (favourite water park now). But bus q was horrendous to the main parks and whilst walk was nice we wouldn’t fancy doing it every day.

We love Disney hotels and just enjoy the feel, atmosphere and everything about it. We are home when we stay in Disney. POFQ being by far our favourite.

The premium Universal hotels are great and we have stayed at HRH twice. Whilst I cannot see us spending more than 2-3 nights in Universal anytime soon I would only consider the premium hotels for now.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

If you book with TUI they include transport to universal at no extra cost.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We have stayed at a few of the Universal hotels and a few of the Disney ones. We liked them all but neither of the deluxe Disney hotels we stayed at (Old Key West and Saratoga Springs) were as good as the deluxe Portofino Bay, Hard Rock or Royal Pacific.

We paid a similar amount to stay at Coronado Springs as we did to stay at RPR. Both beautiful resorts but RPR was better in all areas.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Disney gives transport to and from MCO for nothing, Universal doesn't. That may not matter to many people but as a solo non-driver it does to me.
though it only costs about $35 each way so not a huge perk
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Donaldfan just to put your free DMe into perspective- Universal/mears charge $34 each way from MCO to Universal Hotels, last year I paid £172/night for RPR & Disney deluxes are +£350 so in theory +£100 to the good on one night & approx £1000/week better off. Even next year I'm £1000 better off over a 10 night stay & that includes Disney's free night offer but it still doesn't change the fact that IMO the rooms are of a higher standard.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Stayed at 4 disney resorts, one being the contemporary, and 2 universal hotels, universal resorts are far superior, especially the luxury ones.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List