Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Nov 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile Car was hit outside our house

Just a little moan from me this morning sorry.

Yesterday evening, we had a knock on our door. One of our neighbours heard a bang outside and just glimpsed a car reversing and driving off after hitting our car!

I’m so upset, I really don’t understand why they would just drive off.

It doesn’t look like too much damage but I suppose we won’t know until we have it looked at. I’d imagine there’s more damage to the other car as we found bits of glass and trim on the ground which aren’t from ours.

It shunted our car at least six foot forward but by some miracle our car stopped short of the car parked in front by a few inches!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Sadly these people walk amongst us, or in your case drive amongst us.

Probably they were an uninsured or unlicensed or disqualified driver hence they left quickly.

I feel your pain as now you are left with a load of hassle, an excess to pay and probably increased premiums going forward.

I detest these drivers who act like the offender did. Scum.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hope the damage doesn’t prove too bad. Unfortunately a good chance they had no insurance/ license that’s why they would drive off. I think food delivery could be a culprit too. Other neighbours may have also seen something.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
Would your neighbours have cctv up that may have captured the car turning and leaving
Old 15 Nov 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Probably not insured or over the drink drive limit

Lots of people are not insured and it’s something else the police have given up on.

Working in the insurance industry we estimate over a million cars are uninsured.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
Would your neighbours have cctv up that may have captured the car turning and leaving
My daughter put a post on Facebook and someone commented that there’s CCTV on one of the houses at the other end of the street so it wouldn’t have captured the incident but may have caught the car entering or leaving the street but even if that’s the case, not sure we can prove anything.

Think we’ll just have to suck it up. As everyone has said, likely they weren’t insured 😟
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this can’t believe they just drove off, have any neighbours got CCTV to find the culprits 🤔
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Before I moved on and accepted I would be fully responsible for the claim I would do the following

Pick up all the debris and see if I can 'form' a light cluster with it. Any numbers may on a Google search narrow it down to a particular make/model of car.

If it does I would be driving around the area looking for that type of vehicle.

I would also be trying neighbours for CCTV or even a local garage or corner shop to see if they have any.

Finally keep an eye out as offenders tend to return later on to see what damage they have caused.

Best of luck.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Before I moved on and accepted I would be fully responsible for the claim I would do the following

Pick up all the debris and see if I can 'form' a light cluster with it. Any numbers may on a Google search narrow it down to a particular make/model of car.

If it does I would be driving around the area looking for that type of vehicle.

I would also be trying neighbours for CCTV or even a local garage or corner shop to see if they have any.

Finally keep an eye out as offenders tend to return later on to see what damage they have caused.

Best of luck.
Thank you.

We have all the bits in a carrier bag. We’re going to ask in a house further up the street as apparently they have CCTV - too far to have caught it happening but it might show the car passing.

My daughter posted on Facebook and she’s just had a message about a car parked up about a mile away. Son and I have just been to have a look but I think it’s been abandoned for some time as there’s lots of damage on the wrong side of the car.

Hubby is certainly not going to give up without a fight. I’m also inclined to watch out this evening at about the same time.
Old 15 Nov 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Sorry to hear and what a pain . They may have been over the limit or on drugs .. No wonder insurance is so high when people have disregard for other people’s property ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List